Chapter 154

'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.'

- Zelda Fitzgerald

All movement succeeded when dawn came over the land. Link had entered the main room of Ruta, before fighting Waterblight Ganon. Link fought with great valor, before Ganon's last henchman was defeated.

"Hello, Link. Because of your courage, my spirit is now free." Link stared over to where the voice was coming from, seeing a beautiful Zora right in front of him. The same one from his memory, "And Ruta, as well. Thank you. For I am now allowed by this freedom... to be with you once again. Since I am now a spirit, my healing power would be wasted on me. I have no need of it. So therefore... I would like you to have it. Please accept... Mipha's Grace." Her power reconfigured into an orb, before she shot it out to Link. The power was absorbed into his chest, before Mipha began to speak again, "Yesterday, I was awash in a pool of tears. I had nearly given up and resigned myself to being trapped here, as a spirit for the rest of eternity. But now you're here. All this time, my hope... was to see you once more. Promise me that you will not hesitate to call upon my power if you ever find yourself in need. Knowing that... will let my spirit rest in peace." Zelda's magic reappeared, as Mipha stared down to the ground, "I must go. Link?" She asked, "You... truly love (Y/N), don't you?" Link was about to say something; however, the Zora knew better, "Ruta and I have our roles to fulfill. We are both honored to be able to play the role of support. We'll annihilate Ganon together. Farewell. Save her, Link. Save the princess... Save Princess Zelda."

He met Mipha's ghost briefly. Too fast for him to truly take in the conversation. She had shared her thankfulness, just as the other Champions have. However, something really was different about this one. Mipha, the Zora Princess, truly loved him with all of her heart. On the outside, the moment, the Divine Beast returned to holy blue. I jumped out of my bed and to the dock. "YES! HE DID IT!!" I yelled out, laughing all the while. The rain had finally stopped completely. As the Divine Beast submerged itself, I ran back to Sidon, pulling him along, "We need to meet him at the Domain!" I spoke excitedly, throwing my bags straps on my other shoulder. Sidon followed after me, trying to keep up with my movements.

"(Y/N), won't you wait up?" However, there was no time to wait. I ran to the entrance, waiting for Link form in front of me. And when he did, I dropped my bag, and engulfed him in a large embrace.

"We did it, Link!! I mean... you did it!" I corrected, removing myself. He gave me a soft smile. He didn't say a word, but I knew, deep down, what he was thinking. 'I couldn't have done this without you.' I returned the smile. Sidon watched with a certain distance in his gaze. 'She's... so happy.' He thought, before going to his father's throne room. Link and I watched as the Divine Beast mounted itself on the mountain, before aiming at the castle. "There we have it. We can head to Hyrule Castle now." The blond shook his head.

"No, let's wait for a little while. Your still injured. We can leave in a few days, besides, I still have a few more shrines to get." Agreeing with the Hero, we walked up the stairs to King Dorephan's throne room. When we got there, a crowd was present, smiling all the while.

"Link! You did well to survive your trial! I have been awaiting your return! The violent downpour has disappeared, as has the threat to Zora's Domain! It is all little more than a bad dream now. Thanks to your efforts, there is no longer any danger of a great flood laying waste to Hyrule! You appeased the Divine Beast Vah Ruta and thusly saved Zora's Domain! We are all truly grateful! What you did for us is more than we could have ever expected of you." The King grinned, before Muzu cut into the conversation.

"Link... (Y/N)... I must sincerely apologize for my harsh treatment of you both. That whole time, you were thinking of Hyrule's and Lady Mipha's well-being, just like the rest of us. All of the members of our council humbly fold our fins back in gratitude, along with the rest of our people. Perhaps the older generation of Zora, myself included, misunderstood Hylians after all. It would seem so. That said, I would be overjoyed if you could find it in your heart to forgive me. If not now, then perhaps one day." Taking the time, I walked over to the older Zora. Unexpectedly, I hugged Muzu, whispering.