Chapter 110

We set out the next morning toward Hateno Village. After the Blood Moon the night before, Link held a sense of confusion, determination, and small amounts of fear. This was a side I never saw of Link. After all, he was an outlet for the player to explore Hyrule and do whatever they pleased as long as the game could handle it. But that was the problem. There was no sense of urgency to finish the game, but this wasn't the same for the blond Hero. He woke up in a cave, unsure about who or where he was, and had destiny thrust upon him almost immediately. To make matters worse, he had little to no time to think about his feelings and fears, since I was right there. Even on the off chance that Link wasn't scared of the entity in Hyrule Castle, I was concerned for him.

On the way down the hill, Link stopped near Hestu, having collected some Korok seeds. "The children of the forest must have taken the Korok seeds from my beloved maracas. I never thought I'd be the target of one of their pranks. Shoko... But wait... Do you have a Korok seed?! You do! You got a Korok seed from one of the forest children! If you'll give me just one Korok seed, I'll make your inventory bigger in return!"

"Yes, please!" Link stated, taking one out of his pocket.

"SHALAKA! So, which stash do you want more slots in?" The large tree celebrated, as I stepped off my horse to stare at him.

"Weapon stash." Link answered, before the Korok did his little dance. It was even more cute than I imagined, he shook around his maracas diligently, before confetti-glitter-magic came out from the top, inevitably increasing Link's stash... somehow.

"OH, YEAH! Shaky sha-kah! DAH-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAAA! Your weapon stash has been expanded. Shalaka!" Link did it twice more, before the tree spoke again. "Oh, look at the time! I need to get back before Grandpa yells at me. Shoko... Sorry, I have to go. But I still need Korok seeds so bring some to Korok Forest if you find any!" Unlike in the game, the tree dispersed into glitter-powder, leaving Link and I confused. 'He... wasn't able to do that before... Huh?' The male and I stared at each other for a moment, before jumping back on our horses and taking off.

Unlike the last time, Link started to rummage around the Guardian corpses, trying to find precious materials for Purah. Three feet, off the horse. Two feet, off the horse. On the horse... rides back five feet because he forgot a Guardian. The entire time, I was staring at his beautiful blue tunic. 'The last time I saw it was when I...' I froze up, not noticing that the knight had drifted away. '... told him that I hated him...' Looking in Link's direction, I noticed that he wasn't there. Sharply turning my head toward the sound of an explosion, I watched Link grab a Courser Bee Honey. Jumping off my horse, I approached the male as I rubbed my arm delicately.

Our eyes met yet again. Blue on (E/C). I thought of what I wanted to say and how I was going to say it. I wanted to tell him that I didn't hate him. I wanted to tell him that it was in the heat of the moment. I wanted to apologize for everything I ever said to him that hurt his feelings. I wanted out relationship to fix itself, so we could go back to the times that I miss. I couldn't say any of those things. I was too scared. The last thing I wanted was to say the wrong thing, drifting us further apart. "Link?" I questioned, as the male approached me, "There is a shrine over there... We should probably check it out." The male blinked a couple of times, before racing over to Robred Dropoff.

There was a little area in between the mountains. Within it, were many unknown statues. Some were under the ground, claimed by the earth it belonged to long before. Others were in pristine condition. Link immediately made his way over to the man off to the side, while I roamed around the area, staring at each and every statue.

"HA! Let me guess..." Calip, the doctor spoke, "You caught wind of the great Dr. Calip's groundbreaking research and just HAD to meet him for yourself. Heh... No? Don't tell me you've never even HEARD of me! After I've dedicated my life to researching the ancient shrines?!" Calip sighs, as Link gave him a questionable look. I watched from the sidelines, not wanting to join the conversation. "Well, you'd better remember my name, for it's not the last you'll hear of it! And while I'm at it, it's 'DOCTOR Calip,' if you please. I didn't study my rear end off to be called 'Mr. Calip.' Everyone forgets I'm a doctor for some reason... And since you asked, I'll inform you that I'm engaged in analyzing ancient texts. I haven't time for idle chitchat."