Chapter 160

The Second Day

- 31 Hours Remains -

About halfway across the bridge to the unknown, the ground began to rumble with all of its godly might. From Hyrule Castle emerged Calamity Ganon in its form of a demented dragon. Before it could enshrouded the entire building, Zelda's magic shrined brilliantly from within. Before either of us were completely aware, Ganon was pulled away and Zelda's light disappeared. This would normally scare anyone away, but from the expression on the Hero's face, I knew he was more determined than ever. And by result, I was too. Making it to the gate, Link pulled out his Sheikah Slate and slammed it open so we could enter. It had been years since I've seen the inside of the gate and wall, and it looked completely different. The moat was a drab grey color, and everything was dark and bleak. Not a single blade of green grass was visible. Ganon was sucking the left out of the area completely and entirely. Guardians laid broken and completely intake. The observation room straight ahead, towering over us menacingly. "This place looked completely different one hundred years ago..." I murmured out loud, catching Link's attention.

"I bet it was." A moment, before the Guardian Skywatcher flew by. "Come on, we need to get going." Running up the road, we caught the attention of a Decayed Guardian. Link, using his shield, ricocheted the blast, before it hit the Guardian in the eye. With no time to waste, we continued up the slope, before coming across Ganon's Malice. It was blocking the way. Pointing toward the opening in the cliff, we had no other choice but to go in that way. Link in theory could have used Revali's Gale. And that would be correct, but there wasn't any time to think especially with Guardian beams on our tail. Entering into the tunnel, the wooden gate slammed shut behind us, making Link jump a little.

Seeing the puddle of water underneath each gate, Link used Crynosis to lift the door before we continued down the hallway. Officially, we entered the castle. The ceiling were high, and the regal carpets and decorations were still visible. Maybe not in the best condition, but it was still beautiful. I had never entered the castle interior, so this experience really was something else. 'I wish this was a better circumstance.' I thought, as Link defeated the Black Lizalfos ahead. It dropped a Tri-Boomerang and a Steel Lizalfos Shield. Link stuffed them in his bag, before we continued down the stone stairs. A breakable wall was present, which Link exploded. Inside the chest, guarded by a stone knight, were three Ancient Arrows. He gave them to me, before I accepted them kindly. We turned around, before entering the Guards' Chamber.

Stopping Link from further entering the room, I pointed down to the two Silver Lizalfos. Each of them had a Tri-Boomerang and a Steel Lizalfos Shield just like the black one from the floor above. Grabbing out a bomb arrow, I lit the sucker, before aiming for the bombs. When it hit, the room exploded. Luckily, the structural integrity of the castle was still very prevalent. As quickly as we could, Link and I jumped off the stairs, before fighting each of the Lizalfos. When it was said and done, I peered over the edge to see the Silver Moblin with a Royal Guard's Claymore. Both the strongest and the weakest weapon. Packs a punch, but is very easy to break into two. Link readying his stance, summoned Urbosa's Fury, shocking the monster, before stabbing his blade through the Moblin's head. In that moment, the battle was over. I went back to the first staircase, to pull out Naydra's fang shard, while Link opened the other to find a Savage Lynel Shield. Making it back up to the top level of the chambers, I grabbed a bomb barrel, before putting it on the button. Immediately afterwards, the wooden gate opened. Running to the entrance, we instantly ran out and toward the guard post, away from all three of the Guardian Turret's views. We breathed out a sigh of relief.

"There are three of them." Link spoke, "You take out the one above us, and I'll take care of the other two, alright?" Agreeing, I was the first to go. Climbing up the building, I pulled out my largest sword, before beginning to turn, claymore still in hand. Hit after hit, as it kept trying to turn to me. When it finally was able to, I shot an electric arrow into the glass before the machine exploded on itself. Looking out to the First Gatehouse, Link had already finished fighting on of them, and he was going to another. Paragliding off the building, I shot an array of arrows into the robot's eye before Link committed the final blow. After all was said and done, we met each other back at the entrance before we walked inside. Link was in front of my by five feet. So when he entered the First Gatehouse, I was on the other side of the gate. The door slammed down, as a sleeping Blue Lynel jumped off the highest part of the Gatehouse, to battle the trespasser. "Will this open after it's defeated?" I nodded, before he pulled out his sword. "Then this won't take long." It didn't. Not in the slightest. In very little time, the beast was dead, and the gate doors opened once more. "Let's continue."