Chapter 98

All throughout the night and into the next day, Robbie worked on something that would possibly get me home. As he worked, I started to grow restless. I paced around the lab, fearing for my life. As Zelda stood upon Mount Lanayru, Robbie had finished the machine. It looked like the ancient oven from one hundred years in the future. "There we are, Cherry. This is supposed to get you home." He stated, unsure of the 'thing' he just made. As I inspected it like a mad man, Robbie watched my figure with worry in his eyes, "(Y/N)? I feel like I should tell you that this machine has a two percent chance on getting you home, alive and in one piece... And... a ninety-eight percent chance of killing you. Are you sure you want to continue with this? Perhaps we should wait for a better time-"

"I don't have time, Robbie! The Calamity is practically here!! If I don't do this now... I'll..." I stammered, gazing at the floor in anguish. Was there anything else I could do in the moment, but rely on a two percent chance? There was, but I didn't care. All that mattered was the chance. Putting my fate into lady's luck hands, I turned to meet Robbie, eye to eye. "... I won't ever get home. I have to do this, Robbie... If I don't... I won't be able to live with myself. Start up the machine." After a moment of thought, Robbie situated me in the soon-to-be oven, before shutting the hatch. With great concern, he placed the gamecard in a slot in between Cherry's eyes, before starting the machine. As I felt my body starting to evaporate as it did in the game, I laughed in a triumphant manner; However, something blew a fuse. Electricity started to go through my body. I felt like I was being tore in half as I let out a scream. It was too great. Even after Robbie stopped the oven, I still felt megawatts course through my body. Pulling me out, Robbie didn't know what to do. Without another second, I passed out. Smoke emanated from my skin as Robbie started to cry.

"(Y/N)?! Get up!! Please... Please!!! Get up!!! You... you can't leave!!!" My eyes didn't open. Robbie softly placed his head on my chest to hear a heartbeat. Nothing. Adapting for plan B, Robbie suited his horse and held me to his chest. On said horse, (H/N) looked upon the both of us with worry. Leaving me on his steed, Robbie walked over to (H/N) before releasing (him/her) back into the wild plains of Akkala. Jumping on once more, Robbie sprinted all the way to the Great Plateau. Halfway through his journey, the Castle erupted in malice as Calamity Ganon circled around the top, roaring in conquest. Robbie continued to the Plateau without fear or doubt. Once on the sacred land, he carried me through the Forest of Spirits and into a small cave. Not Link's Shrine of Resurrection, but another one. One of a newer model. "I knew this would come to beneficial use..." He spoke to himself, before looking down at my expression. "You're alive... I know you are, Cherry." Placing me into the pod gently, he closed the container. Said pod filled itself to the brim with ionized water, as Robbie placed his hand on the glass. "You'll wake up, and we will meet again..." Covering the small cave with whatever he could, Robbie escaped to Kakariko Village.

The Champions would perish atop their Divine Beasts. Robbie, Purah, and Impa would continue living in agony for their lost comrades. Angus would die, protecting his family. The King would perish on the Great Plateau, knowing that a certain seer's words were correct. Zelda would fail to activate her Sealing Powers until it was too late. Link would be put in the Shrine of Resurrection alongside myself. Zelda... after returning the Master Sword and activating her Sealing Powers would face Ganon alone. Link... would lose his memories; However, the last thing he remembered was a certain girl's face. Not Zelda's. Not Mipha's. Mine. I told him that I hated him. With a broken heart, Link would lose all his memories. Of me. Of Zelda. Of Hyrule. Of himself, most of all. A terrible fate has befallen us, hasn't it?

However...

Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting is forever or merely for a short time... That is up to me.

End of Part I

Thank you so much for reading Pre-Time Skip of Fall Into The Wild. Like, Comment, Follow, all the sorts. I can't wait to write Post-Time Skip Fall Of The Wild. Thank you for your support. Happy Reading!!