Chapter 53

A heart is like a sensitive plant, that opens for a moment in the sunshine, but curls up and shrinks into itself at the slightest touch of the finger, or the lightest breath of wind.

-Anne Bronte

Late in the day, I made it back to the Outskirt Stable, feeling relieved that such a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders. I wouldn't have to deal with the Yiga Clan for a while, but where could I possibly go that the Yiga wouldn't follow? Footsoldiers and Blademasters alike were strewn around the entirety of Hyrule. Was there a place I could feel safe? As I sat down in the inn, I overheard two average looking Hylians conversing with one another. I was not one to eavesdrop or to join in on conversations I had no business being in, but the word 'champion' piqued my interest.

"Excuse me? Sorry for listening in on your guys' discussion, but is it true that the Princess's Champions have been chosen already?" I asked, looking up at the two men. One nodded his head fondly, while the other decided to elaborate.

"How could you not know about the Champions?! They were the talk all over Hyrule for the last week! I guess not everyone had the chance to hear about it. Well, they chose a person from each race. Princess Mipha of the Zora, Lady Urbosa of the Gerudo, some old Goron, and a Rito I think. And, of course, the Hylian Champion that wields a magical sword or something. Once again, I'm surprised you didn't hear about it." Awkwardly, I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment. I was so proud of Revali and Daruk for getting the position of Champions. Like a mother watching her kid walk for the first time, I was in bliss. In that moment, a singular thought came to me.

'That's it! Rito Village is most likely safe and Revali would be thrilled to have me stay for a while. Besides, a congratulations is in order.' I thanked the two men before taking my horse and riding all the way to Rito Village. I wondered how Revali was feeling. He probably was super proud of himself, which he should be. The petty Rito had achieved such a challenging objective. After passing Safula Hill, I decided it would be a good time to take a break. Though Safula Hill and the Outskirt Stable weren't far from one another, I remembered that I made poor (H/N) sprint through the entirety of Gerudo Canyon without stopping once. Sanidin Park was just as beautiful as it was in the game. No one was there except for myself and my faithful steed. The sunset was a sight for sore eyes. I then gazed at Satori Mountain and wondered if the Lord of the Mountain was there. The Lord of the Mountain was said to be the reincarnation of a sage that protects the Kingdom of Hyrule and the creatures of the forest. How desperately did I want to climb the mountain to pay respects, until I realized that sun had completely set, meaning that I had wasted enough time thinking about Satori Mountain; However, I was being drawn to the mountain subconsciously.

Once at the top, I saw the Lord of the Mountain was nowhere to be found. The sakura tree was in bloom as always and gave the area a sense of ambiance. All of a sudden, the air became misty and fogged. It was too quiet, but I knew that something was behind me. Looking at the figure, I almost gasped, but I kept every sound I could. There, right in front of me, was the Lord of the Mountain. Blupees stood around us as the horse-like spirit gazed upon me. I was surprised the Lord hadn't hurt me. What was I to do? I didn't want to spook the spirit, but I also knew I wasn't supposed to be on the mountain, "Um... I'm s-sorry for intruding on the mountain..." Silence. I placed my hand out for the spirit to lean against. It took a minute before they did so. Something about this was so aesthetic, that I just couldn't look away. At some point, the Lord of the Mountain disappeared, leaving me alone near the sakura tree. The moon was high in the dimly lit sky. 'Why did the Lord trust me?' Once making it down the mountain, (H/N) and I rode on. On Jeddo Bridge, out of Hyrule Ridge, across the Tabantha Great Bridge, and through the Tabantha Frontier, I finally made it to Rito Village. It looked the same as it had a couple months before, but I felt like I was going to cry. Renting a bed at the stable for the night, I went to sleep knowing I was safe.