Chapter 159

Dawn of

The Second Day

- 39 Hours Remains -

We ended up sitting by a fire to wait out the Blood Moon. This was the last time Calamity Ganon was going to be in its strongest state. The last time Zelda was going to suffer. She was in that monster's heart. Literally, not figuratively. We stopped right before Thims Bridge. In theory, we could have stayed the night in Akkala, but it would help both of our consciouses, at least a little. The closer we were to Zelda, the calmer we seemed to feel. I hummed a small tune to myself, as I cooked some food for the blond. He watched the rotation with great interest as I did so.

We really have gone through a lot. Link conquered the majority of the shrines, we helped towns in need, and he has grown stronger than he was a couple months ago. He didn't conquer all of his memories yet, however, the final two were upon us until the last one. We were so close that it made me queasy. "(Y/N), your burning it." Link brought up, as my attention shifted back to the food. One side was charred.

"Sorry, I was lost in thought." I told him, "This one will be mine. I'll just make another-" Before I could even finish my thoughts, Link took the over roasted one, before he began eating it. A smile formed on my face, as he thoroughly enjoyed his meal. "Nothing like a early morning snack, huh?" I questioned, holding my meal in front of me. The knight nodded. "This kinda reminds me of one of the only times we were alone together one hundred years ago... I took you to a pub. I believe it was called the 'Hardened Apple,' if I remember that correctly. You ordered a bunch of stuff and then we fought over the check! That day we reconciled our differences and actually became good friends. I'm glad we still have that same relationship, even after all this." Silence.

"When this is all over... where do you think you are going to go?" He questioned, which confused me greatly. "Because, if you have nowhere else to go... you and I can live in Hateno."

"Oh! Zelda can live with us too! That's a great idea!" I cheered out, not understanding the true meaning of what he meant. Link's mood dulled, but didn't completely disappear, per say. When the sun was high enough in the sky, we set off across the bridge. Making it to an offset road, I turned onto it. Link was confused, as I gave him a mischievous look. I continued to ride off. When he caught up, I took care of the Bokoblins in the area. Link immediately jumped off his horse after that, before we followed the invisible path up Crenel Hills. As we made our way up, we passed through a fallen, and hollowed out log, before approaching hollowed tree stumps. Checking every one of them, Link found Namika Ozz Shrine. It was a Modest Test of Strength, so it didn't take up all that much time. In the meantime, I was taking care of monsters in the area and gather treasure. Bomb arrows, fire arrows, and a singular ruby. When he came out, he pulled out his map.

"I want to head to Wetland Stable. It's important to get and sell as much supplies as possible. Hopefully, Beedle is there to buy off of us. I also got intel that there a memory could be in this forest west of Hylia River." He would be correct. He must have had a chance to talk to the traveling Sheikah artist. "After that, we'll cut across Hyrule Field. Do you know where all the Guardians are positioned?" I shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't sure if they stuck to their general areas, however, that seemed to be the case. Nodding in affirmation, Link continued, "Well, I want to get this memory, however, the area is going to be surrounded by Guardians. Then we'll head to the two shrines that you marked. From there... we'll just have to see." Nodding at his plan, we rode off back up the road and toward Wetland Stable. Luckily Beedle was there.

"Heya there, (Y/N)! It's been a while!!" Beedle yelled.

"Yeah, could I get all the arrows in your stock. I'll pay for it with this ruby." Beedle gave me all of them, before I stuffed them all in my quiver. He took the ruby gladly, shining it a little, before putting it in his backpack.