Chapter 122

Bending down to meet his wrinkled face, I lifted the hood off from my head, before giving him a large smile. He didn't need any more affirmation, "Thank Hylia that you survived..." He was more astonished than anything else, it seemed. Had he expected my death in his version of resurrection? Was he not expecting my return?

"Wait, Robbie dear... This is Cherry?!" Jerrin, Robbie's wife, asked, pointing in my direction. Jerrin was a beautiful older woman, with shining blond hair and blue eyes that could have rivaled Link's. Her face was slim, and her signature look consisted of black, very much arched eyebrows. I don't know what was wrong with me. When I looked at her, I almost felt disappointed. Her eyes furrowed, while staring in my direction.

"Hello Mrs. Robbie's Wife. It's very nice to-" The attempt to be friendly. It was the least I could do all things considered. Reaching out my hand for her to shake, it was slapped away at a certain point. The woman huffed, before disappear up the stairs. "Did I... do something wrong?" To this the genius eccentric shook his head.

"She will be fine for now." He assured me; however, it didn't seem to quell my nerves any less. As I stared to the floor above, Robbie continued to stare, "My, you are still as beautiful as ever, Cherry. I'm glad you are alright." Nodding again, the old man was reminded that Link was here for an important reason, "My apologies. Let us begin again... I am the lead Guardian researcher and director of the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab. Doctooooor... Robbie! In any case... I really am impressed that you made it all that way out to this rather remote location. Did you, perchance, meet Purah and borrow her power?"

"I met a child." Link sucked in, not knowing how else to word it, which confused Robbie immensely. This was truly something he wasn't expecting to hear. Mainly because the possibility of de-ageing was... well, impossible.

"Hm? Purah? A child? What?! She really has a kid? Hmm. Or do you mean that Purah aged backward... and SHE is now a child?" Robbie inquired, before Link stated that Purah had gotten younger and didn't have a kid. "Hm? Are you certain? Hm! So she's as crazy as ever. Okeydoke. Knowing her, I'm guessing she screwed up some experiment. Hm, hm, yes. Typical. Let us return to the subject at hand, hm? Did you know that the Calamity is regaining its power?" To this, the blond nodded, "Hmm, I see. Then I don't need to tell you my story, hm?"

"Tell me." Link answered, before a small grin appeared on the genius eccentric's features.

"Hm! Yes, I see. In that case... The goal of our Sheikah research lab is simple, really. We aim to destory the Calamity that has endured across time... to rid Hyrule of its dark influence... and above all... to rescue Princess Zelda, who is now a prisoner of the Calamity. We have worked ourselves to the bone conducting our research. For a time, I feared I'd pass before we could prevail. HOWEVER! You, Link, managed to awaken before this old sack of flesh gave out. That means... THE TIME IS NOW! Hm, yes, yes! You! Now is the time to join forces with us Sheikah, yes? We must destroy the Calamity!"

"Let's do it!" Link hailed, making the old man hum in delight.

"Yes! That is correct! You and I are going to join forces to put an end to the Calamity! And on that note... Sorry for the long preamble, but I'd like to provide you with some ancient soldier gear. Hm! Hm? Did you catch all that? Cherry... erm, the ancient oven... creates ancient soldier gear. But I fear she's out of sorts at the moment. Hm. I'm afraid someone will have to bring the blue flame from the ancient furnace again..." Cherry, the oven that Robbie created with his own two hands. In the original game, Cherry was created Post-Calamity. When Jerrin came to Akkala under Robbie, they started to make the machine together, for the sole reason of Link. Through their love, they created the ancient oven, or rather Cherry.

When the Ancient Oven's redesign was completed, Jerrin became jealous of Robbie's interactions with the machine, which Robbie referred to as 'Cherry' after his first love. 'His first love...' I thought, not believing it to be true. After all, I changed so much during my time. The machine wasn't created for Link Post-Calamity! It was designed to bring me home before this whole mess!! Perhaps, I told myself, he named the oven after me from guilt, rather than love for a Sheikah woman that died too young.