Chapter 104

"Are we going to talk about this?" I asked, as we walked through Fort Hateno's gate. Link and I walked down the road and toward Kakariko Village once more. I opted to lead my horse along as Link and I kept the same walking pace, however, the entire time, we stayed completely silent. After all, he did run off, possibly leaving me for dead. I at least understood where he was coming from. This mission. The quest to defeat Calamity Ganon wasn't going to be a walk in the park, however, that is why I wanted to stay by his side. 'But until the memories of everything before the Great Calamity return to you, I shall remain by your side in any way I can...' I once thought, during my one hundred years of slumber. Huffing at his lack of response, I decided to speak about the issue, "Link, I have a duty, the same as you. It may not look it, but I want to fight beside you! To protect you in any way I can! Yet, you are taking my help for granted..."

"It's best if I do this alone." He muttered out, looking away from my view.

"That is exactly my point, Link!" Turning him around to face me directly, I clung to his shoulders for an answer... A sign. "You can do this alone! But at what cost?! Sleep?!! Your health?!! Your sanity?!! I can't just let you sacrifice yourself so much... I can't bear to see it... Not again at least..." There was a moment of silence, before I continued, "Link... I understand that you wanted to keep me out of trouble, but I promise you that I am no liability! I can help you!! King Rhoam told us to stick with each other, and I intend to keep his word." The sound of the rushing river beneath the bridge filled in the lack of speech, between the both of us. We stood upon the remains of Kakariko Bridge. A sigh escaped past my lips, "You... don't have to trust me yet. I get it. But please Link... let me stay by your side."

"Fine..." He spoke, making me smile a little.

"Thank you, Link." I answered back, before we continued to Kakariko Village. Looking up the road, I saw a familiar figure. One of a tree boy. Running up to the individual, I stared Hestu straight in the eye. Link looked at me and then the walking tree. "Hello." I introduced plainly, as the tree shook about.

"Shalaka?! You! You can see me?!" Hestu asked.

"I can see you." I answered kindly, letting Hestu celebrate.

"You... can see him too?" Link whispered, making me let out a small giggle. Hestu then started to speak.

"Shala-zah! Shala-kah! It's been one hundred years since anyone has been able to see me! I'm Hestu, and I need your help! Those monsters over there stole my beloved maracas! I think they're still there on the other side of those rocks. I can't use my powers without them. Shoko... So please! PLEASE get my maracas back from them!" He spoke, before I started to walk toward the rocks. I rummaged through my bag, before grasping my Feathered Edge. Link looked at the sword confused.

"Where did you get that?" He queried.

"It's mine. Hands off!" I hissed teasingly, before grabbing out a heavily used shield. Climbing up the rocks, I looked down on the miniature Bokoblin camp. Taking out my Swallow Bow and three ice arrows, I shot each one at them, causing the monsters to freeze. Luckily, this killed them, and I was able to get the maracas out of the monster chest.

"You didn't allow me to do anything..." Link breathed, feeling more than disappointed. Throwing the maracas in his direction, I allowed him to speak with Hestu.

"SHALA-KALA! Those are... Those are my maracas! Please give them to meeeeeee!" After Link gave them back, Hestu started to shake them around wildly, but no sound came from the instruments, "SHAAA-LAAAAH-KAAAAH! But wait! There's something wrong with my maracas! The Korok seeds inside are gone! How am I supposed to dance now? Shoko... If I have just one Korok seed, I could sing, dance, and use my powers to help you. You see, I have the power of inventory expansion! So let me know if you find some Korok seeds!" With that our conversation was done. Link was more than interested with Hestu's reward, however, he appeared to not have any Korok seeds. In small haste, Link and I headed to Kakariko Village.