Chapter 156

"I am Jiahto. I am a historian who studies Zora history and preserves it for future generations. Even so, this stone monument that King Dorephan supposedly wrote... It's torn to pieces now. Most likely, the ten stone monuments outside of the domain are in the same awful condition. I'm thinking about collecting the contents of all of the stone monuments and compiling them into a book. But with these old legs and fins, traveling to all ten stone monuments will take a great deal of time. That is why... (Y/N)... I'd like to ask a favor of you. I'd like you to find all ten stone monuments around Zora's Domain and tell me what they say."

"Yeah, I see no reason not to." I answered him, which made the older gently man smile. This was an odd case. It had already been a day since Link's absence, and I was growing more and more antsy. I knew he was going to be okay, but I was still worried, nevertheless. In the meantime, to keep myself busy, I was going to do some side quests for Link.

"Oh! Thank you! You truly are a lifesaver! How reassuring that the Seer will search for those monuments for me! I have it on good authority that among the stone monuments, one has the location of some treasure written on it. If you happen to find said treasure, feel free to keep it. It will most likely be something that a Zora wouldn't need. Yes, you'll find the ten stone monuments around Zora's Domain... I believe in you. In fact, I'm counting on you!" As I was about to leave the Domain, Sidon came up behind me.

"(Y/N), where are you going?" He inquired.

"I was going to look for the Zora Monuments." I answered, "I assume it will keep me busy all day."

"Then why not I come with you?" The Zora offered. I was unsure at first, however, the more help the better I suppose. I agreed to his wishes, "Alright, let's go!" Sidon proceeded to drag me across the Great Zora Bridge. As we were headed up Ruto Mountain, before he asked, "Where to first?" This put me off guard. I traveled in front of him, continuing to follow the trail. "Oh! Found one!" I chuckled, before explaining my methods.

"Not yet, we are going to the farthest, and come back to Zora's Domain that way." Sidon understood, before following me down the mountain. As we crossed Luto's Crossing, Sidon stopped without any warning. Turning around, he was looking out to the Domain. Now I was really experiencing déjà vu.

"Do you remember when we first met, (Y/N)?" Sidon questioned. One hundred years ago, he was all alone on this bridge. And all I could do was help him get home.

Looking in front of me, I saw a small, red Zora looking upon the Domain between the shining blue fence. He had a long tail fin and large, pink cheeks. Something was oddly familiar about the young Zora. Had I seen him before? 'No that couldn't be the case. I haven't seen one Zora since I got to Hyrule, so why does he look so recognizable?' I pondered before walking up to him.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" The young Zora gazed at me briefly, before turning away with a huff. 'Who knew the Zora could be so rude?!' I mentally screamed, trying to maintain my sanity, 'Perhaps, I should change my approach...' I deduced, "Are you from there?" I asked, pointing to Zora's Domain. He nodded quickly, before turning away from me again. I didn't know a whole lot about children, so I was more than lost. I couldn't just leave him at the bridge! His family was probably worried sick! "Here, I'll take you back." Grabbing his small hand gently, I started to lead the young Zora to the Domain. He didn't hesitate, nor did he fuse. The young, red Zora just followed silently.

"Yeah, of course I do." I smiled, "Come on, let's find that first Zora Monument." I spoke, as he followed behind me.

"So how do you know where they all are?" The Prince queried, before I pulled out my empty husk of a switch. "Sorry, I don't believe I follow."

"I used this device to look into the future. I know where they all are because of this guy... however, it is no longer of any use to me." My smile remained bittersweet, before we went across Oren Bridge. This is when we exited the road. "Alright, we need to climb up this cliff. It's the fastest-" Suddenly, I was lifted into the air. Out of surprise, I let out a soft yelp, which only made the Prince laugh. I was then tossed upward. I landed on top of the cliff side, just barely, before I peeked over the side. Sidon was making his way up. I waited a moment, before approaching the farthest monument on Zodobon Highlands.