Chapter 132

"So we're heading back to Rito Village?" He looked over his map, finding something interesting.

"What's this thing?" He pointed out the Eldin Great Skeleton, also known as Levias's remains. Without even letting me explain, I could tell that he was already convinced on heading to the far reaches of nowhere.

"Well, it is said to be an ancient remains of a wise being in a time long since passed. I think it's a good idea to go, but you have to promise me Link." Getting his undivided attention, I continued, "Under no circumstances are you to stray anymore until we reach the tundra. Okay?" We had to move along. He had already sidetracked more times than I can count. Ever since we left the volcanic region. I understood that there was so much to do, but we really did have to keep moving along. Link, knowing full well that I knew of his lies, nodded calmly, before we raced down the slope, and further east. Through West Deplian Badlands, Deplian Badlands, and East Deplian Badlands, we continued forward. During this time, we passed two White-Maned Lynels, who were itching for a fight. Nevertheless, this would not come to pass. Link, though he had fairly strong weapons, would lose over half of them. And for what? A single Savage Lynel Sword, a Savage Lynel Crusher, two bows and two shields? Though, on paper, this sounds like fair trade, it really wasn't, at least for a little while where Link really didn't have anything to lose. Besides, he was going to fight Thunderblight soon. He needed equipment that wouldn't electrocute him in the process.

Making it to the skeleton, both Link and I gawked at how large it was. It really hit different, being next to it in person that is. As I continued to admire, Link already had his eyes set on a different goal. Five Black Bokoblins, with a Dragonbone Boko Bow, a Dragonbone Boko Club, and Dragonbone Moblin Club, a single Lizalfos with a Steel Lizalfos Bow, and one Black Moblin with a Flameblade and Knight's Shield were under the remains. Those weapons enticed Link, so he made an effort to climb up the bones, and ambush. I could and would have helped, but Link was entranced. As he broke weapon after weapon, including both of his Royal Claymores, he stole away the enemies' precious weapons as he went. When chaos died, Link approached the Great Flameblade, held up only by the ground encircling it. Great, now he had three of them. In that moment, watching set up camp for the night, a single thought stirred in my brain once more. 'Does Link really need my help anymore...? He's gotten so strong. Have I become a hindrance?'

"The best part about being so close to the volcano is that it never rains." Link spoke, eating some Grilled Meat as he did so. "I hate the rain, especially when climbing." Nothing from my end, as I tried not to burn my portion. "(Y/N)?" I hummed in response, "Are you alright? You've barely spoken a word." Before I could speak a word about my thoughts, a sudden warm chill blew past us.

"Link, look!" Dinraal was approaching ever so slowly. I took it upon myself to climb up the bones, to make it on top of the skull. Once up there, I ran off, before shooting multiple arrows at the dragon's skin. I hadn't even realized I was falling until the scale had popped off. Pulling out my paraglider at a fair time, I never ended up touching the ground. Link had caught me, despite not getting hurt if he hadn't. He breathed out a sigh of relief, as a soft pink hue covered my cheeks. Getting out of his arms, I approached Dinraal's Scale, before picking it up from off the ground. The piece of the powerful dragon was incredibly warm, but just cold enough to not burn my hands. When Link joined me, I showed it to him. "Link, when we get back to Rito Village, I want you to go back to the Spring of Power. This is the item the Goddess needs to reveal her blessing." The blond put it in his own bag, as we returned to the fire.

"(Y/N)? You didn't answer the question." I froze in place, before he continued, "You know you can tell me anything, (Y/N). We're partners." More silence, "You don't have to tell me right now, but don't be afraid to say something, okay?"