Chapter 71

I had roamed around the Ridgeland Tower Region, yet my switch was nowhere to be found. I searched through Ludfo's Bog and around Seres Scablades, but my device didn't seem to be there. I spent two days in the Thundra Plateau, inspecting the old Zonai ruins. This drove my interest, until I knew I had to leave. So, I then decided to travel to the Central Tower Region and look through all the nooks and crannies. I asked more than enough people if they have seen something off fall from the sky; However, I came up empty handed again. I tried my hardest to remember where I was last when I fell asleep, but I just couldn't. Where would I have gone? No one saw anything fall from the sky. So, what if my switch teleported the same as myself and the gamecard?

Holding my head in my hands, I aimlessly wandered into Castle Town. My horse's reigns were placed in my dominant hand, as I continued to rub my head out of frustration. When I opened my eyes, I noticed that I was in front of a bar. "Maybe they have juice or something?" I murmured, before placing my horse in the little horse stable near the entrance. "You stay here, while I take a little break, okay?" I told, before grabbing an apple out of my bag and feeding it to my steed. The other horses were alerted from a presence of apples. I got a better look at all of them. Some of the horses were adorned with silver, which could only mean one thing. The owners were knights. I immediately thought of Angus again. It hadn't been too long since I've seen him. It was about a fortnight ago if I wasn't mistaken. "What are the odds he would be in here?" I murmured again, before opening the heavy mahogany doors.

I was instantly greeted with a large whiff of alcohol. The bar was named Castle Town Pub, as creative as it is, and it bared some resemblance to Telma's Bar in Twilight Princess. The only difference was the increase of inhabitants. So many people crowded into this one room. One table was playing what I could only guess was poker. People were talking, and the beer was being passed around like it was the end of the world. Sitting down at the counter, an older woman with brown hair flowing down her back came over to me. "I haven't seen you around before, so you must be a traveler. What would you like, dear?" Staring up at her, she gave a shocked expression, "Oh, silly me! Don't mind my questions, dear. Now, what would you like to drink?"

"Do you have anything without alcohol? I have to leave in a bit, so I don't want to be tipsy." I asked, making her a little disappointed.

"We have lemon juice." She replied, starting to clean a wooden mug.

"You mean lemonade?" I queried, as the barmaid gave me a confused look. I immediately shut my mouth.

"No. Lemon juice." I nodded in uneasy affirmation, before she went to fill a mug with unsweetened lemons. As I waited, I looked around the room. The population was mainly men. A small portion adorned Hylian armor, but everyone was drunk out of their skulls, "Here you go, dear. Enjoy!" She cooed before grabbing five mugs to take to one of the tables. Sipping my drink, I scrunched my face at the sour flavor. At least I know it is lemons and only lemons. After a couple more sips, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning to the individual, I saw a familiar blue garb and blond hair.

"Oh, hi Link. I didn't expect to see you here. What's up?" I asked casually, continuing to sip on my lemon juice.

"What are you doing here?" He didn't beat around the bush, did he? No. No he didn't.

"I've been traveling around Hyrule the last couple weeks trying to find... Anyways, I decided to take a break and get a drink." Link lightly grabbed my mug before taking a drink. He smacked his lips a couple time, trying to deduce the flavor.

"Lemons?" The blond hero stated in question.

"I'm not comfortable with drinking, and the lady said she didn't have any juice so... I improvised and adapted." Earning a hum from Link, I took my drink back from him and took another slug. My face contorted once more, "So... what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Princess Zelda?" Link took the bar stool next to mine, before ordering something for himself.

"It's my day off." He answered. A beer mug was placed in front of him.

"I never took you as a drinker." I commented plainly, knowing he wasn't allowed to drink. He gave me a quick smirk, before drinking the contents from his cup. A small blush appeared on my cheeks, before I looked away. That was the first time he smiled at me. It didn't disappoint.

"I'm not. It's apple cider." Groaning loudly, I laid my head on the wooden counter, cursing myself for not asking for cider, "Hey, I wanted to ask you something. When we were attacked by the Yiga Clan, why did you come back?" Humming in thought, my brain was trying to find a suitable answer.

"Heat of the moment, I guess." My answered barely satisfied the chosen knight, but he never told me wrong. As far as Link was aware, it was the heat of the moment; However, something was missing from the puzzle, "I... just had a hunch that the Princess would be okay in Castle Town, so I came back to assist you and Robbie. I may not look it, but I am a trained archer. I would have been fine if I didn't try to go after the biggest guy."

"So why did you?" Link was examining my expression for facial cues. 'So that means he's also talented at interrogation too. No wonder why Revali hates him.' The blond knight's tone wasn't as sharp and stern as it usually was; However, some form of assertiveness was laced into his masculine voice.

"Out of the smoke, there the largest stood. So, I went. There wasn't really a reason, besides him threatening me. But he threatened to kill all of us and take the Princess, so that isn't a really good excuse, huh?" Link wanted to say so much in such little time. Before he could breathe another word, he halted his breath. So badly, did he want to talk about my behaviors. After we first met, the blond knight was told about the argument that ensued between me and the King. He wanted answers to why I argued with King Rhoam. Link was also told about my 'delusions.' He wanted those answers too. Link wanted to know why Zelda was so attached to me. Link wanted to know why I saved the very Princess I insulted. He wanted to know, yet Link thought it best to stay confused for a little while longer, "Now it's my turn. Your sword. When did you obtain it?"

"At the age of thirteen." He answered, looking back to the Master Sword. A part of him expected me to be surprised, but he wasn't shocked about my nonreaction.

"Why were you near Korok Forest in the first place? No one just stumbles into the Lost Woods." I queried, wanting to know the reason personally. A small flush formed on his cheeks as he gazed into his apple cider.

"My father was at the Training Camp for weekly inspection. Then I saw... a blue fairy. As I followed, more fairies started to guide me through the woods... When I saw the sword, I couldn't help but pull it out." I giggled into my hand, feeling verbal euphoria.

"So, you were lead away by the fairies?" I asked, which Link nodded in affirmation. Something was so familiar about this. A little blond boy chasing after a fairy who lead him to the Great Deku Tree and the Master Sword, "Something is far too familiar about that..." I murmured, making Link raise an eyebrow in question, "Sorry! Never mind me!!" I choked, creating an awkward atmosphere, "Your father must have been so proud of you... After all, you achieved something of such rarity. Only a select few have had the ability to wield that sword on your back. Though, it must be hard on you... to have such a large responsibility like that." My smile was faint, yet large. I both pitied and envied the hero. I always had, but it was for the best. If I was placed in his shoes, I would surely crack from the pressure. Link stayed silent, "Oh, there I go again. Anyway, it was nice talking to you, but I have to go." Placing some rupees on the counter, I grabbed my things before walking out the door. Link didn't bother going after me, so he sat at the bar counter, without anyone to talk to.

When I made it outside, I stretched my arms carelessly, before whacking someone in the face. Before I could I apologize, a caring voice spoke for me, "It's alright (Y/N), you don't need to apologize."