Chapter 131

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.

- Pablo Neruda

"And then I defeated the White Maned Lynel with only Rito weapons, which is a feat in its self. No offense to Revali or anything, but those weapons are meant to be lightweight, so by result..." I pestered Link to finish my sentence, but it's not like it took all kinds of convincing.

"They were significantly weaker." We were currently on our way to Thyphlo Ruins, as per the request of Link. He was curious about the forest above the Lost Woods, so he felt inclined to go. For once, our horses whinnied in delight, not having to run over grass and loose dirt any longer. Drenan Highlands and beyond were rocky, but never annoying to go to and fro upon. Besides that, these Badlands were home to three different Lynels, which was always useful. As we made our way there, Link and I told each other stories, or rather, I was doing all the talking.

"Exactly!!" I voiced, going back to the topic at hand, "Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah, Revali told me I did a 'decent, passing' job before we went back to Rito Village. He treated me to chicken, which is bitterly ironic, before I went to sleep on the floor. I got up early the next morning, and he was up waiting for me. With a big scowl on his face, he said, '(Y/N), you stupid girl, you can't leave Rito Village yet! CAWW, you need to wish all the Rito a goodbye.' I spent the entire day saying goodbye to a bunch of people I barely even knew!" I loved Revali to pieces, but I couldn't help but make light fun. I look back upon those early memories, feeling nothing but great pride and joy. I could admit openly that Revali was the closest person I ever had to family. "Is... Revali around by the way?"

From Link's point of view, he stared upward, to see an emotionless Revali. The Rito Warrior stared from me to Link, blasting a quick, "At least she's talking about me!!" That wasn't the only figure the Hero saw, Daruk's spirit floated next to the bird, trying hard not to laugh too hard. Link directed his gaze to me again before he nodded his head.

"You know, I find it so neat that you are able to see them. That's one thing I didn't foresee completely." Link raised an eyebrow, before I went on to explain, "Well, with my Switch, it showed that were only able to see the Champions when you are using their ability. You know, like, Revali's Gale and Daruk's Protection. Interesting, huh? But I guess I can't 'predict' everything right?"

"Well, I don't see them all the time. Sometimes, they just appear to appear." My turn to be curious. As I urged him, however, we eventually came across the first Lynel. Sprinting past, we took an immediate turn up the slope to the ruins. Two dragons were the first to greet us, urging the courageous to continue on. As I tied the horses up, so they wouldn't wander off, the blond gazed into the mud pool. Bubbles of air occasionally would pop ever now and then. Pulling out his Sheikah Slate, he started to use Magnesis.

"Link, there is nothing in this swamp. Trust me, I know." I smiled, walking ahead of him on the bridge, taking a torch in hand, before lighting it. Link didn't move from his spot.

"Then how come I see something." The blond answered, as my eyes ripped open. My pupils dilated, and all I could do was to approach the Hero once more.

"Wait, seriously?! What is it?!"

Link activated the ability, trying his hardest to pull it to the surface. Unlike most metal containers, Link was having trouble with getting the mystery item to the surface, "It's small, and the signal is indicating that something is in its way, but I can probably pull it out if I keep trying." This proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that this item wasn't a sword. I figured it could have been a shield, however, when it resurfaced, something dropped to my stomach. Link placed it in my hands, as my fingers hurriedly attempted to peel one hundred years of mud off. "What it that?"