Nightmare [Jeffmads]

Come back... Please! Don't leave me!!

James lurched forward with a gasp. He clutched his chest, right over his heart breathing heavily. He raised his right hand and wiped his face, now realizing that he was covered in sweat.

Tears started to fall and he buried his head in his hands, trying to quiet his sobs, not wanting to wake his fiance Thomas Jefferson. His plan however, failed.

It wasn't his sobs that awoke Thomas, rather his shaking. The two were pressed together and Thomas had always been a light sleeper.

"James...?" He mumbled sleepily, sitting up, wiping his eyes trying to get rid of his drowsiness.

"Thomas..." James chocked out. "G-Go back to sleep."

Hearing his lover's strained voice, Thomas scooted closer, lips pursed in concern. Wordlessly, Thomas pulled James closer and hugged him tightly, basically pulling stockier man into his lap.

James shuddered and let out a quiet sob, clinging to Thomas tightly. He sobbed into his chest (Thomas thought it was far too warm to wear a shirt), mentally hating himself for seeming so weak.

He needed to be the strong one for Thomas. He was the one with severe anxiety and pretty bad depression. James felt his face flush with shame and curled tighter around Thomas, trying to regain control of himself.

He pulled away from his fiance, wiping his eyes. "I-I'm sorry Thomas." He stammered.

Thomas frowned, reaching up and cradling his face gently. "What're you sorry for Jemmy?" He asked, brows furrowed.

"I woke you... I should be strong for you I-" James squeezed his eyes shut, too ashamed to even look his lover in the eye.

"James..." Thomas said softly. "You can't be strong forever. Everyone feels weak or upset at some point." Thomas smiled, leaning forward until their foreheads were pressed together.

"It's a part of being human after all."

James sniffled and gave him as a watery smile. "Yeah... I guess you're right."

Thomas pecked his lips. "I know I'm right." James laughed at that. Thomas took his hand and messaged it gently.

"Now, why don't you tell me about your nightmare."