Engaged [Burrmads]

Aaron couldn't stop staring at his new ring. Warmth filled his chest as he stared at it. He could still see his lovely boyfriend, well fiance, getting down on one knee and asking him to marry him. He gnawed his lip, a smile overtaking his face before he looked to where James was sitting, a matching ring on his finger.

James looked at him, joy dancing in his eyes. "What?" He asked.

Aaron smiled. "Nothing." He glanced at the engagement ring again and giggled softly. "I'm just really happy."

James leaned over and gave him a gentle kiss. "Me too."

---

Alexander stared at his phone, a blank expression on his face. News articles had exploded with the news that the Treasury of State was marrying Senator Burr. Tears filled his eyes as he stared at the photo with James down on one knee, proposing to Aaron. He shut his phone off and flung it away, burying his face in his pillows.

He laid there for awhile until his phone buzzed. He let it buzz again, before picking it up. He had received two texts. One from John, the other from Aaron.

John Laurens:
Are you alright man?

Aaron Burr:
Alexander, do you think we could meet for lunch today? I want to talk to you about something.

Alexander slowly typed out a reply to John and then Aaron.

Alexander Hamilton:
I'm fine.

Alexander Hamilton:
Yeah, sure. Where?

---

Turns out, Aaron wanted Alexander to be one of his groomsmen.

---

Alexander sat at a table, watching the newlywed Aaron Madison and James Madison dancing.

"Alexander?" John asked, concern clear on his face. "Are you sure you're alright?"

Alexander tore his gaze away from James' happy, beautiful smile. He didn't reply for a moment. James deserved to be happy, and that wasn't something Alexander could give him. He was toxic, James was better off with Aaron.

"Yeah," He said quietly. "I'm fine."