Adoption [Washington Family]

"I'll need you both to sign here please."

Alexander shifted about nervously as he watched his soon-to-be father and mother lean over slightly to sign the adoption papers. His brothers, John and Lafayette, were both standing beside him, practically vibrating with excitement.

Alexander had stayed with the Washingtons for a few months now and only two days ago, they'd sat him down and asked if he wanted to permanently become a part of the family. Before they'd even got all the words out, Alexander had screamed yes.

Now, he was full of nerves and anxiety. His mind raced with millions of thoughts that only brought his stupid anxiety up. Thought of what could go wrong wouldn't leave him and he couldn't help but think that maybe the Washingtons didn't really want him and-

"Thank you so much." The social worker said with a smile. "That will be all."

George smiled. "Thank you." He said. He stood up and turned to his three sons. "Let's go home you three."

Alexander beamed and John and Lafayette cheered a bit before grabbing his hand and practically dragging him to the car.

"Wait!"

The three boys froze and turned to see a young man running towards them. Alexander's eyes widened with horror and he took a step back.

Sensing his discomfort and fear, both John and Lafayette stepped in front of him protectively.

"Who're you?" John asked, eyes narrow with suspicion.

"My name is James Hamilton." The man said. "I'm Alex's older brother."

"Can I help you?" George walked up, a stern look on his face.

"Hello sir, are you a social worker here?" James asked.

George crossed his arms. "I'm afraid not. I'm these boys father."

James blinked. "Oh, that includes Alex?"

George frowned. "Yes, we just adopted him. What does it matter to you?"

"Well, you see, I'm Alexander's older brother. I'm here to take him back and bring him to our father."

"I'm afraid you can't do that. The social worker inside told us that Alexander had no remaining biological family. You disowned him just two years ago, didn't you? You no longer have any legal sway over him. Now if you'll excuse us." George gave him a nod before ushering the boys into the car.

They climbed in without hesitation. George and Martha got in the car and started it up, everyone ignored the outraged look on James' face.

As they drove away, Alexander didn't look back once.