Phone Call [Burrens]

John was writing down some facts that he'd need for his new book when he got the call. Thinking it was his awesome boyfriend Aaron, he picked it up without looking at the number.

"Hello?" He said, still writing.

"John."

John stiffened and his pen fell from his hands.

"Dad." He said. "Why are you calling me?"

"Am I not allowed to see how my son is doing?"

John scowled. "I'm not your son. You lost that privilege when you beat me everyday for being homosexual!"

On the other end, he heard his father scoff.

"You're still going on about that? I would've thought your little faze would have passed by now."

"I'll have you know it's not some faze and I've got a wonderful boyfriend!" John yelled angrily.

"Is that so... What is his name?"

John was silent. Aaron's name was decently well known. He wasn't about to risk telling it to his dad. Plus, Aaron wasn't public yet. Only close friends and family knew.

"You were lying weren't you?" His father said, sounding amused.

"No," John finally said, finding some courage. "I just don't think you deserve to know."

"You can't hide from me forever John. Someday we'll meet, that I promise."

With that, his father hung up, leaving John feeling paranoid and insecure. Oh god, He thought. What am I gonna tell Aaron? What is he finds me? What will I tell Aaron?

His breathing hitched and before he knew it, he was flung into a panic attack.

"John?"

John flinched, a sob escaping him. No nononono! Was that dad? His thoughts were all over the place and without realizing it, his breathing sped up at an alarming rate.

"John!"

John blinked when Aaron's beautiful face appeared in his sight of vision.

"John can you hear me?"

John almost frowned. He sounded scared. Why was he scared?

"I, I..!"

"Can I touch you?" He was asked. He nodded slowly, shaking. Warm arms wrapped around him and his nose was filled with a familiar scent. He relaxed, breathing in the spicy sweet smell of his boyfriend.

"A-Aaron..." He stammered, burying his face in the other man's chest.

"Shh... It's okay love, I've got you..."

And for once, John felt truly safe and happy.