Laurens Interlude [Laflams]

Requested by: WatashiWaTenshida

I'm super sorry this took so long!

---

"Alexander, we... we received a letter."

Alexander looked up from his desk and smiled at Lafayette. "Is it from John?" He asked.

Lafayette shook his head. "It is from his father." He said, voice barely above a whisper.

Alexander's smile faded and a sense of dread settle within him.

"Will you read it?"

Lafayette opened the envelope and pulled out the letter.

"On Tuesday the 27th, my son was killed," a sob escaped Lafayette's mouth at those words. "In a gunfight against British troops retreating from South Carolina. The war was, was already over." Tears fell from both Lafayette and Alexander's face. Lafayette took a deep breath and forced himself to continue.

"As you know, John dreamed of emancipating and recruiting 3000 men for the first all-black military regiment His dream of freedom for these men dies with him."

Lafayette sobbed and dropped the letter, falling to his knees.

Alexander sat in his office chair in a state of shock.

John, his best friend, his lover, was gone. Gone forever. He was never coming back. He was never going to see his smile, his freckles, nothing.

The night was filled with cries of two mourning lovers.