Guardian [Laurens & Philip]

Philip sat at a piano, his fingers sliding back and forth. His tongue suck out in concentration. This piece was especially difficult, so Philip had to concentrate. He couldn't wait to show his Pa how well he's done!

After a couple of tries, Philip's look of concentration and determination turned into one of frustration.

"Why is this so difficult?" He whined, banging his hands down on the piano.

"You know, you shouldn't give up so easily."

Philip looked up in shock, seeing a young man standing before him, wearing a soldier's uniform. He became horrified when he saw the many bullet holes in the man's body, blood seeping into his clothing.

"You're hurt!" He cried, rushing forward. The man however, took a step back.

"Oh this?" He said, looking down at his battered body and laughing bitterly. "I'm fine. It happened a long time ago."

"But-"

"I didn't come here for a check up Philip." The man interrupted. "I'm here to help."

"Help?"

"Yes." The man took a step forward, smiling. "Let me help you with this piece."

Philip frowned, before nodding. "Okay!"

The man smiled, before taking a seat besides him and began to guide his hands along.

Once Philip got the hang of it, the man disappeared and Philip was sad to say that he never learned his name. He performed his piece for his Pa, who was impressed.

The man never appeared again, and as the years flew by, Philip convinced himself it was only a dream and forgot about it soon after.

Bonus:

"Hello again."

Philip looked up. "It's you..." He whispered.

The man smiled, before reaching out a hand.

"Welcome to Heaven Philip. My name is John Laurens."