Wolf [Mullette]

Requested by: LateCommentEvryDay

---

"I'm sorry, but what now?"

Hercules sighed into his phone. "I told you, I have a wolf hybrid now."

Alexander spluttered a bit on the other end of the phone. "But that's not- wolves don't- argh! Herc, wolves aren't super social creatures! Plus, both wolves and wolf hybrids are not supposed to be kept as pets, or companions!"

"You think I don't know that?" Hercules sighed again, glancing over to where the wolf hybrid was, curled up on his couch. "It's not like I can get rid of him Alex. He was abandoned on the side of the road, and obviously starving! What was I supposed to do?'"

"You were supposed to call hybrid services! You know they would've helped him. Once deemed healthy, they would've sent him on his way." Alexander groaned. "That hybrid could kill you!"

Hercules glanced at the hybrid again. "I don't think he will Alex." He said softly. "He seems very nice."

Alexander scoffed. "Hybrids can act you dumbass."

"Look," Hercules said angrily. "You've got Aaron, what's the difference here?"

"The difference?- Herc, Aaron's a cat hybrid. That type is allowed to stay in homes as a companion. Wolves aren't!"

"I don't care." Hercules said stubbornly. "This hybrid is staying with until he wants to leaves."

Alexander groaned on the other end of the line. "Fine, do what you want, I won't stop you. But don't expect me at your funeral when he kills you."

Hercules frowned when Alexander hung up. He sighed and put his phone down on the table.

"Hmm... Hercules?"

Hercules head snapped up to the now-awake hybrid. "Lafayette." He said with a small smile. "How're you feeling?"

Lafayette sat up and yawned, his ears twitching. "I am feeling alright. But I'm quite hungry." Behind him, his long, furry black tail swung back and forth.

Hercules nodded. "Alright. What do you want to eat?"

"Hmm..." Lafayette's ears wiggled a bit in thought. "Can I have some vegetables please?"

Hercules blinked. "You don't want any meat."

Lafayette's eyes widened and he huffed, his tail curling up with irritation. "I'll have you know I am a vegetarian!" He said, pouting.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry." Hercules said. "I just assumed that since you're a wolf hybrid..."

Lafayette's eyes softened and his tail dropped. "That's understandable." He said quietly. His tail swished back and forth and Hercules was surprised to see the hybrid blinking back some tears. "That's the reason I was kicked out of my pack. I was too different I suppose."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Hercules said softly. "You can stay here as long as you'd like, I don't mind."

Lafayette perked up. "Really?" He asked excitedly.

Hercules shrugged. "I don't see why not. But you'll need to pull your weight a bit. You don't have to get a job, at least not yet, but I'll expect you to make up in different ways. Like cleaning the house and stuff."

Lafayette nodded. "Very well."

He grinned before suddenly launching himself at Hercules. Hercules let out a small cry and fell to the ground with a grunt.

"Thank you!" Lafayette said, hugging him tightly and nuzzling his cheek a bit.

Hercules smiled and patted his head a bit awkwardly.

"No problem."