Wings [Jamilton]

Requested by: ThePrideOfMtVernon

---

Alexander rushed through the crowd of people, determined to get to the freaking court house on time. This wasn't his first time in court, but this was his first time in front of Judge George Washington, a judge rumored to be especially tough to please.

He burst into the court house and rushed to his court room.

"I am so sorry I'm late." He blurted out the second he entered the room, bowing to the judge before rushing over to his client.  As he does, his opposing lawyer snorts.

"We were waiting for you." The other lawyer said. "Traffic must've been pretty bad."

Alexander glanced over his shoulder, scowling when he realized his white wing was blocking his view of the other man. He quickly moved it away and glared at his opposing lawyer.

But then he saw his wings.

They were pitch black and fluttering with irritation behind the man. The man scowled.

"What?" He snapped.

Alexander quickly turned away. "Nothing." He said.

Black Wings. They were extremely rare. Only about two percent of the entire population had them. And often, those people didn't have soulmates.

Soulmates. Sometimes they were platonic, but more often than not romantic. Once you make contact with them, a beautiful pattern somehow connected to them would paint itself on your wings.

However, when a person had black wings, you almost never see the pattern of their soulmate. Many people are unsure if Black Wings have no soulmate, or just never meet them because they wouldn't be able to tell that there was a pattern on those pitch black wings.

Most Black Wings became criminals, either because they have no other choice. Many were thrown out by their families, seen as a disgrace. Without any support, they turned to thieving and other crimes to survive.

Alexander swallowed and smiled slightly at his client.

This was sure to be a long trial.

---

"What's up with you?" Angelica asked, quirking a brow as she gazed at him from behind her coffee cup.

"I met a Black Wing." He admitted. Angelica's eyes widened with shock.

"Wait really?" She said, leaning forward. "Who was it?"

"A lawyer named Thomas Jefferson."

She blinked. "What? I've met Jefferson before. He didn't have black wings."

"Did he have any wings at the time?"

She bit her lip. "No. But he didn't act like a Black Wing would."

"True." Alexander said, stirring his spoon in his mug. "He was intelligent and quite a good lawyer. I was surprised."

"We don't serve Black Wings here."

Angelica and Alexander turned to the voice, surprised to see a young boy standing there, clutching some money. His wings were pitch black.

"Please Mister?" He said, voice quiet and meek.

"No!" The worker snapped. "Get outta here!"

To make matters worse, the worker grabbed a broom and chased him out.

Nobody tried to help from the obvious discrimination. They all looked the other way.

Including Angelica and Alexander.

---

After that first meeting, Alexander and Jefferson kept meeting. Sometimes it was at a little coffee shop just outside of his work or in court. Either way, Alexander tried to avoid the other man as much as possible. Nothing good could come out of making friends with a Black Wing.

One day however, Alexander couldn't avoid Jefferson.

The two of them were standing in line and if Alexander didn't get a cup of coffee in the next ten minutes, he had a feeling he was either going to murder someone or explode. Jefferson was standing behind him, scrolling through his phone. The two were standing at the very back of the line, there was no one behind Jefferson.

It was peaceful, quiet. That was until a man who looked to be in his mid forties marched in. His eyes immediately settled on Jefferson and he walked forward with a sneer.

Alexander's eyes widened when he suddenly lurched forward. He stumbled, nearly falling to the ground from extra weight. He turned around, surprised to see Jefferson's phone lying on the floor, cracked and Jefferson himself leaning against the small counter, glaring up at the newcomer.

Alexander quickly came to the conclusion that Jefferson had been shoved.

"What's a Black Wing doing here?" The man growled, stalking towards Jefferson.

Jefferson calmly leaned down and picked up his phone, frowning when he saw the cracked screen. A small yelp escaped his lips when the man shoved him again, this time pushing him right into Alexander.

The two fell to the ground and their hands brushed against each other.

Immediately, warmth shot through Alexander's back and to his wings. Jefferson scrambled off of him, looking startled.

Alexander looked behind him and to his wings, shocked to see that purple lines were spreading across them. He looked back at Jefferson, and was even more shocked to see his messy hand writing appearing on the black wings in white ink.

The whole coffee shop was silent as the two stared at each other.

"Oh my god..." Alexander whispered. "You're my soulmate."

Notes:
If you liked this AU, I have made a full fic.