Autism [Jamilton]

Notes:
I have never written a character with autism before. I did do research, but if I have made a mistake, misportrayed, or wrote something offensive, please let me know and tell me how I can fix it. I have only met one person who was diagnosed with austim and I didn't talk to him for very long. (We were only around each other for maybe twenty minutes.)

---

Alexander shifted uncomfortably, fiddling with his sleeves. He pursed his lips and tried to focus on the sound of the TV, but found he couldn't. He was too hyperaware of all the people in the room. Every brush against him made him tense, every too loud noise made him flinch, every time someone looked at him he tried to hide away.

His fiddling grew and out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jefferson glanced at him with slight concern.

He resisted the urge to glare, instead focus on his feet and began to rock back and forth gently.

"Hey Hamilton,"

Alexander flinched and his grip on his sleeves tightened. "What?" He barely managed to grit out.

"Do you want to go get some air?" He said. Alexander stayed silent before nodding slightly.

Jefferson nodded back and offered his hand, which Alexander grabbed without thinking.

He allowed Jefferson to lead him away and as soon as they were outside, he took a deep breath.

He noticed he was still clutching Jefferson's hand and immediately tried to let go, but Jefferson held it out.

"You can fiddle with my fingers." He said softly.

"What?" Alexander said.

"It helps me." Jefferson said bluntly.

Alexander swallowed before grabbing his hand and began to fiddle with his long fingers.

Eventually, he felt his tension melt away and he let out a small breath.

He pursed his lips as he stared down at Jefferson's hand, tanned against his paler skin.

He entwined their fingers and didn't let go for the rest of the evening.