Place to Stay [Jamilton]

Alexander hummed softly as he scrolled through Twitter. He had his fireplace on and it bathed him in warmth, making him pleasantly cozy. He had his favorite blanket wrapped around him and a cup of coffee on the table beside him.

He was prepared for a nice, cozy evening spent on his phone.

When he heard a knock on the door, he scowled.

"I swear to god if John and the others have shown up drunk..." He muttered as he went to open the door. His eyes widened in shock when he saw who was on the other side.

"J-Jefferson?" He stammered, gaping when he saw Jefferson's hunched figure. It was pouring and Jefferson was only dressed in a white T-shirt and some faded blue jeans. Alexander frowned with concern when he saw how badly Jefferson was shaking.

"C-Can I c-come i-i-in?" He stammered, teeth chattering.

Alexander blinked before stepping aside. He may dislike Jefferson, but he wasn't about to let the man freeze. "Sure thing."

Jefferson gave him a weak smile before stepping inside, relaxing slightly when the warmth of the house hit his chilled skin.

"T-Thank y-you..." He shuddered, pursing his lips as he awkwardly stood in the front hallway.

Alexander just gave him a nod before returning to his living room. He grabbed his blanket and looked back at the front hall, arching a brow when he saw that Jefferson wasn't moving.

"Come here Jefferson." He said. Jefferson walked over, his arms wrapped tightly around his body.

Alexander, despite being much shorter than Jefferson, wrapped the blanket around the taller man's shoulders.

"Go sit on the couch near the fire, I'll go make you a drink. Tea or coffee?" He asked. He watched as Jefferson shifted a bit, looking embarrassed.

"Do you have hot chocolate?" He mumbled. Alexander blinked, before nodding.

"Yeah. Do you want that?"

Jefferson nodded, staring down at his lap. Alexander went to his kitchen to make the drink. It was strange seeing his normally confident and outgoing coworker so quiet and almost timid.

When he returned with the hot chocolate, Jefferson had moved from the couch to the floor, sitting as close to the fire as possible.

"Here you go Jefferson-"

"I need a place to stay."

Alexander blinked. "Excuse me?"

Jefferson pursed his lips. "My uh, my partner kicked me out..." He said softly.

Alexander's eyebrows shot into his hairline. "Why?" He blurted without thinking.

Jefferson scowled and looked away. "None of your business." He snapped with no real bite.

Alexander crossed his arms. "Jefferson, if something is going on you need to tell me."

Jefferson looked away and shifted uncomfortably. "We got into a fight. It's been happening a lot lately. He uh, he..." He trailed off and Alexander was startled to realize that he was close to tears. "He said some things and then kicked me out."

"Alright," Alexander said. "Alright, you can stay. Stay as long as you'd like."

Jefferson looked shocked. "I, you're sure?"

Alexander smirked. "Contrary to popular belief, I don't hate you. I'll give you a place to stay until you get back on your feet."

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank you, Alexander," Jefferson said and sent a beaming smile at him, one Alexander had never been witness to before.

Alexander cursed his heart for fluttering at the sight.