Fire [Mullette]

Hercules opened the front door and walked into his home, hanging up his jacket. It was a bit late, and since Lafayette couldn't cook for the life of him, he decided to go start on making dinner.

The plan immediately changed when he entered his beloved kitchen.

"Laf." He said slowly. "Why are there burn marks everywhere?"

"Mon coeur!" Lafayette cried with a wide grin. The one he wore when he was nervous. "I made dinner!"

"You did what...?"

"I made dinner."

The two stood there, staring at each other.

"What have I told you about cooking?" Hercules asked, barely keeping his temper in check.

Lafayette pouted at him. "You said not to even step foot inside without you. But Hercules, it is late and I thought I would make something for you."

Hercules sighed, feeling his anger drain away. He knew Lafayette had meant well, but honestly they were already pressed for money. They couldn't afford to fix the mess that he had made.

"I appreciate the thought babe." He said softly. He looked around his once beautiful kitchen, taking in the damage. There were long burn mark all across the previously beige walls, a couple of cupboards had scratch marks as well as burn marks on them, a few were even hanging off or laying on the ground.

His eyes zeroed in on the small fire on the stove though.

"Lafayette." He said with wide eyes. "Why is the stove on fire?"

Lafayette frowned. "The stove is not on- OH MON DIEU!" He screeched, leaping into Hercules' arms.

Hercules groaned but quickly evacuated him and Lafayette before swiftly calling the fire department.