Punch [Jamilton]

Requested by: ThePrideOfMtVernon

---

"Oh my god would you just shut up!" Hamilton said loudly, throwing his hands up. "No one cares what you think! In fact, I bet no one even cares about you!"

Thomas' eyes widened and before he knew it, his fist was connecting with Hamilton's jaw. He blinked, shocked to see Hamilton laying on the floor unconscious.

"Oh god..." He whispered, eyes wide. He felt panic rise in chest. Oh god, what had he done? "H-Hamilton...?" He said, inching closer.

No reaction.

With trembling hands, he turned Hamilton onto his back, trying to control his breathing. He still had a pulse, Thomas hadn't killed him. He winced when he saw the bruise forming on Hamilton's jaw.

Checking one last time that Hamilton wouldn't suddenly die on him or anything, he left to grab an ice pack. He came back, and shakily pressed to Hamilton's face.

"You better not die on me jackass." He whispered. While he knew rationally that Hamilton couldn't die from just a punch to the jaw, his anxiety didn't seem to agree, and fed his mind ridiculous thoughts and conclusions.

He held the ice pack to Hamilton's face for what seemed like hour. He nearly screamed when Hamilton suddenly twitched. He waited with baited breath as Hamilton's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Oh god you're okay." He nearly sobbed.

"Damn..." Hamilton muttered, rubbing his no doubt sore jaw. "You can pack a punch." He side eyed Thomas. "But was it really necessary to knock me out like that?"

Thomas flinched and looked down. "My dad was abusive..." He muttered quietly. "He would say things like what you said and well, normally he would start throwing punches after that. What I did was a-a reflex." He winced and looked away. "I'm over sharing aren't I?" He whispered.

Hamilton's eyes were wide. "I... I had no idea." He bit his lip and glanced away, looking uncomfortable. "Geez man, that... That's really shitty." His eyes slid back to Thomas. "Sorry."

Thomas' eyes widened. Hamilton never apologized. He looked back at his coworker, who was staring back in what almost seemed to be concern.

"I... Thank you. And... I'm sorry too." He said softly.

Hamilton grinned at him. "I know what it's like to have a super shitty dad. I can't believe I'm saying this but, if you ever wanna, I don't know, talk? You can come to me."

Thomas stared at Hamilton's face, which was now burning.

He giggled.

"I'd like that."