Toxic [Jamilton]

Requested by: Carlieposh

---

Alexander lay in bed, staring up at the blank ceiling. He was under the covers, and yet he still felt cold. Ever since Eliza left, the warmth never returned to him. He was always so cold. He shivered and blinked away the tears before glancing over at the man he was sharing his bed with.

He studied him, taking in his surprisingly soft features. Alexander sighed before sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

Beside him, Jefferson groaned. "Why're you moving?" He slurred slightly, sitting up as well before yawning.

"It's almost eight o'clock," Alexander said, staring at his phone and refusing to look at Jefferson. Jefferson hummed.

"I'll go make breakfast." He said before standing up, grabbing his discarded boxers as he went. Alexander sneaked a glance at his retreating back, before returning his gaze to his phone.

Don't get attached. He thought.

---

Jefferson's pancakes were actually pretty good. Much better than Alexander's cooking, but he wasn't about to admit that.

After breakfast, Alexander got dressed and gathered his things.

"You're leaving already?" Thomas asked. He was now dressed in some sweatpants but still had no shirt on.

Alexander pointedly ignored the attractive chest, glancing at his phone and pretending to type something.

"I'll see you at work." He muttered and left the apartment, trying to erase Jefferson's hurt look from his mind.

---

"What's wrong with you?" Alexander demanded, glaring at Jefferson. Jefferson glared back.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He snarled.

Alexander narrowed his eyes. "Why are you avoiding me?"

Jefferson stiffened, before relaxing. "Because whatever the hell we have, it's not working."

Alexander frowned. "Excuse me?"

Jefferson looked down at his feet and let out a bitter laugh. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really should've listened to Burr."

"What?"

"He warned me. You have a habit of making people fall in love with you and then breaking their hearts."

Alexander stiffened. "Shut up."

"First it was John Laurens, you really fucked that one up, then it was Burr, you made even me feel bad for him, then Angelica, the classic case of unrequited love, and finally Eliza. You really broke her Alexander."

"Shut up Jefferson," Alexander growled.

"So I've decided to save myself from the heartbreak that's bound to happen." Jefferson continued. He looked up and stared straight into Alexander's eyes. "Aside from being coworkers, I want nothing to do with you, Alexander Hamilton. You're nothing but a fiery blaze that destroys everyone and everything in its path. I intended to leave that path before it burns me. Goodbye."

Jefferson walked past him and left the room.

Alexander stood in shock, tears falling from his face. The worst part? Jefferson wasn't even wrong. He was toxic, he did nothing but hurt people.

It was best he stay away from everyone.