Hot Chocolate [Burrens]

John was wiping the counters of the cafe when the bell above the door rang. He looked up, surprised to see a young man, who was bundled up in a thick coat and scarf, scurry in.

"How may I help you?" John asked once the man reached him.

The man looked up and John sucked in a breath. Wow, his eyes were really pretty.

The man tugged his scarf down from around his mouth and gave him a small smile.

"May I have a hot chocolate please?" He said, his voice soft.

John swallowed, before nodding. "Sure thing. That'll be a dollar sixty."

The man dug around in his pockets before handing him some change. John barely contained a squeak when their hands brushed.

"That'll be done in a just a moment sir." He said, hurrying away.

He glanced up from the water pitcher, watching as the man settled down in a booth, pulling out a laptop.

It had been awhile since John had seen such a pretty person. He bit his lip. If only more people had been at the cafe, he could've learned the gorgeous man's name.

The water finished boiling and John quickly finished up the hot chocolate, before making his way over to the booth.

"Here you are sir." He said with a smile, placing the cup down beside the man.

Said man looked up, giving him a small grin. "Thank you, uh John?"

John blinked, before nodding.

The man cradled his cup, still smiling softly, before turning to his laptop. John swallowed, throat suddenly dry, before stiffly returning behind the counter.

An hour later the man left. John was slightly disappointed that they hadn't chatted more, but that was his own fault.

---

Three days later, the man returned. He ordered the same thing and sat in the same booth. He typically only stayed two hours at most before leaving.

Two days later, the man appeared again. A week after that, he came back.

Each time, he ordered a hot chocolate and smiled the sweetest smile at John every time. Honestly, with the unpredictable appearances and the stupidly gorgeousness that this man was, it was driving John crazy.

"You alright John?" His coworker Peggy asked.

John, who happened to be glowering at the front door, didn't even look at her. "'M fine." He grumbled.

It had been six days since he'd last seen the pretty man. Where the hell was he?

"Looking for your sweetheart?" Peggy teased. That got his attention and he shot up and glared at her.

"He is not my sweetheart! I don't even know his name!"

Peggy quirked a brow. "Okay, that's kinda sad."

John flushed. "Shut up!"

"Come on John! You need to step up your game! Stop daydreaming about him and get laid already!"

John entire face and neck were now bright red. He returned his stare to the door. "You're a menace."

Peggy laughed before going to the back to do who knows what.

Seeing as there were no customers, John pulled out his phone and absentmindedly began to play some games.

The bell over the door chimed and he looked up. There, standing in the door as bundled up as ever, was the hot chocolate man.

John grinned and gave him a small wave. "'Ello." He said.

The man gave him a small smile. "Hello."

John straightened. "Hot chocolate right?"

The man nodded and scurried to his booth.

John got to making the hot chocolate. He grabbed the cardboard-paper cup thing and Peggy's words echoed through his head.

"You need to step up your game! Stop daydreaming about him and get laid already!"

He bit his lip and glanced down at the cup, before sneaking a peek at the man. Quickly, he jotted down his number. When he gave the man his hot chocolate, he was blushing the whole time.

After two days of nervousness, his phone dinged with a text. He pulled it out to see an unknown number. Heart beating wildly, he read it.

Unknown Number:
Coffee at noon? My name is Aaron Burr by the way. ;)

As John texted back, he made a mental note to thank Peggy for the advice.