Unhealthy Relationship [Jamilton]

Thomas frowned when as he watched Hamilton stumble into the office, clearly exhausted. He eyed his coworker as the man sat down heavily at his desk before fumbling for some papers.

With pursed lips, Thomas returned his eyes to his own papers. Whatever was going on with Hamilton wasn't his business.

Later that day, Hamilton received a phone call.

"Hello?" He said softly.

Thomas glanced up with a quirked eyebrow. He watched as Hamilton fell silent, a frown playing on his lips. There was a shout on the other line and Hamilton flinched.

"Yes, of course." He said. "Yes, I understand." He waited a moment, breath held, before hanging up the phone. He looked over at Thomas and flinched when he saw that his eyes were on him.

"Hamilton," Thomas said when his coworker quickly looked away and began to nervously shuffle his paper.

"What?" Hamilton snapped, but it lacked its normal spite.

Thomas frowned. "Is everything alright?"

Hamilton snorted, shooting him a scowl. "Why the hell would you care?"

"I may not particularly like you, but I certainly don't hate you. If something's going on, especially if it's a bad relationship or some shit, you can tell me." Thomas waved his hand. "But only if you feel like it. If you don't tell me, just tell someone else."

Hamilton stared at him. "Right." He snorted.

"I mean it, Alexander."

That got his attention and he shuffled a bit uncomfortably. Thomas sighed, before leaning back in his seat.

"I take you're having relationship problems?" He said casually. Alexander's eyes widened and he looked at Thomas in shock.

"Don't give me that look," Thomas said. He looked to the side and sighed again. "I know the signs, Alexander. I know them all too well. Wanna tell me what the hell's going on between you and Adams?"

Alexander flinched and shrugged. "Nothing." He muttered. "He's just possessive is all."

"Right." Thomas snorted. "Because forcing you to stay home unless you have to go to work and cutting you off from all your friends and family is him just being possessive."

When Alexander flinched again, Thomas knew he'd hit the nail. He frowned.

"You do realize being in that type of relationship is really bad, don't you?"

Alexander scowled and he looked close to tears. "What do you want me to do? I've been with him for two years, and our bank account is shared. He could cut me off!"

"Not if you cut him off first."

"What do you mean?"

"Just go to the bank and tell them you two aren't in a working relationship anymore and you want out."

"It can't be that easy," Alexander said in disbelief.

"No," Thomas agreed. "But if you know the right people is can be."

"You'd be willing... you'd be willing to do that for me?"

Thomas closed his eyes. "I know what it's like to feel helpless in a relationship Hamilton. And like I said, I don't hate you. You're my coworker, why wouldn't I help you?"

When he looked back at Alexander, he was beaming.