Trucker [Burrcules]

Aaron lived in a small out of the way town that didn't get many visitors. He worked as a waiter at a small diner, so small in fact that it was only him and the chef.

It was a quiet, peaceful life. Sure it got a bit lonely sometimes but Aaron wouldn't change it for the world. Growing up under the spotlight, being the governer's son and all that, had put him under a lot of pressure and caused him to develop a minor case of atelophobia as well as depression.

He got the support he needed and was doing a lot better now, but still. It would be nice to have someone around who truly understood him.

Aaron sighed, slghtly annoyed with himself for getting so lost in thought during work. It happened far too often and he couldn't afford to lose his job.

He went back to polishing his cup, snapping his head up when he heard the bell over the door ring. He blinked when he saw a handsome bulky man walk in. He'd never seen this man before, he was sure he'd remember if he had.

"Hello. How may I help you?" He asked pleasently. The man blinked and looked at him, seeming like he hadn't noticed him when he first walked.

"Hey!" The man greeted, flicking his hand at him. "This is a diner right?"

Aaron smiled and nodded. "Yup."

The man grinned. "Sweet! I haven't eaten in a while."

Aaron frowned. That didn't sound good, but didn't say anything about it. "Well, what can I get you?" He asked.

"Uh... I'll have the steak sandwich please." He said.

"Coming right up." With that Aaron turned and walked to the kitchen to inform the chef.

---

"Here's your sandwich sir." Aaron said, placing the plate down.

The man smiled, looking hungrily at the food. "Thanks uh, Aaron right?"

Aaron blinked, nodding. The man smiled, seeming to notice the confused look on his face.

"You've got a name tag." Aaron's face flushed in realization, embarrassment filling him.

The man chuckled at Aaron's flustered expression. "You're cute. Wanna have lunch with me?"

Aaron's face turned bright red and he stuttered through his response. He glanced back at the kitchen, becoming more flustered when the chef gave him a wink and a nod.

"I uh. S-Sure."

The man grinned. "Great! I'm Hercules by the way. I'm visiting town to deliver some goods to the grocery store. I'm a trucker, in case you couldn't tell." He said, looking slightly embarrassed at his own rambling.

Aaron smiled. "It's nice to meet you Hercules. My names Aaron Burr."