Swearword [Hamliza]

Requested by: ThePrideOfMtVernon

---

Alexander leaned down and picked up his son from his car seat.

"Daddy daddy!" His son cried from his arms. "This is your work?"

"That's right Pip." Alexander said chuckling. He pecked his son on the cheek before walking into his workplace.

"Hey Hamilshit." Jefferson said with a sneer.

"Shut up Jefferson!" Alexander snarled. "Eliza will kill me if Philip picks up swear words."

Jefferson looked shocked. "This adorable tiny child is your son? You didn't just kidnap him from some poor lady?"

"NO!"

"Daddy!" Philip giggled. "Funny man!"

Jefferson cooed, and Alexander quickly left. The last thing he wanted was Philip calling Jefferson 'uncle'.

"Okay Philip." Alexander said, placing his son down in a chair. "You stay here. Daddy's gotta work now."

"But I wanna play!" Philip whined, making grabby hands at Alexander. Alexander's heart melted a bit at his son's adorablness.

"I'm sorry Pip, but I've gotta work."

"But daddy!" Philip whined loudly. Alexander's eyes widened in alarm. When Philip used that tone of voice, it meant he was on the verge of a temper tantrum.

"Hey hey!" He said quickly. "Daddy can play soon okay? Do you want to find a different playmate?"

Philip stared at him with large eyes, bottom lip trembling. "Wanna play with Daddy."

"Um..." Alexander racked his brain, trying to think of a good playmate for Philip.

"Burr!" He suddenly shouted. Burr was a single parent with a daughter. And from what Alexander remembered, he wasn't working on any major cases at the moment. Swiftly, he picked Philip up again, who cheered loudly, before rushing to Burr's office.

---

"You want me to what?" Burr said with a raised eyebrow.

"Philip wants to play with someone but I'm super busy right now so I was thinking that since you weren't super busy and you have a daughter that maybe you could play with him for a bit for me? Please?" Alexander rambled, looking at his coworker with hopeful eyes.

Burr let out a heavy sigh, before holding out his hands. "Alright. But you will owe me for this."

"Thanks a million Burr!" Alexander said before facing his son.

"Philip," He said. "This is Mr Burr, he'll play with you for awhile while Daddy works, okay?"

"But daddy!" Philip whimpered. "I wanna play with you!"

"Do you like dolls and toys Philip?" Burr interrupted. Immediately, the seven year old's attention was on him.

"Toys?" Philip questioned with wide eyes.

Burr smiled. "That's right." He said, standing and pulling a box out from his desk. Inside was a large collection of dolls. Going from cowboys, to princesses to Barbie Ken dolls. Alexander could barely contain his laughter at seeing Burr with a huge box of children's toys.

"My Theodosia adores to play 'Save the Princess'." Burr said. "Would you like to play?"

Philip, who was hyper focused on the toys, nodded. Alexander sighed in relief before setting Philip down on the ground.

"I'll be back in a few hours Burr." He said before racing out the door.

---

Alexander frowned when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." He called. Burr walked in, carrying little Philip.

"I need to go pick up Theodosia from school." He said plainly, before setting Philip down in Alexander's lap.

"Bye Uncle Aaron!" Philip called loudly. To Alexander's surprise, a small happy smile appeared on Burr's face.

"Bye Philip. Have fun with your father. Maybe you could meet my daughter and play with her, sound good?" Burr said, crouching down to Philip's height. Philip nodded with a large grin. Burr patted his head before taking his leave.

"D-Did you have fun with Mr Burr?" Alexander asked, still feeling a bit shocked that Burr had connected so quickly to Philip. Normally it took awhile for Philip fully connect with someone.

"Yes!" Philip cried. "Uncle Aaron is lots of fun daddy! I wanna have a playdate with Theodosia!"

Alexander laughed softly. "Okay. We'll have to talk to Mama first though alright?"

Philip nodded.

After that, work went by pretty quickly. Philip was quiet, probably exhausted from playing with Burr for five hours. Alexander yawned and stretched. If he didn't head home now, Eliza would kill him.

"Okay Philip." He said, turning in his chair. "Time to head home- Philip?"

He looked around in panic. Philip wasn't in his office. He scrambled out of his seat and into the hallway. "Philip!?" He called loudly.

A few people scowled at him for being so loud, but Alexander ignored them. He ran down the hallway, keeping an eye out for his son.

"PHILIP?" He screamed, not caring who he interrupted.

"Washington!" He yelled, slamming his boss' office door open. "My son is missi- Philip!"

He rushed to his son who, to his horror, was casually sitting in his boss' lap.

"Oh my god." He said, quickly scooping Philip up. "I am so sorry sir he just escaped from my view and-"

"It's fine Alexander." Washington said. "However I would recommend being more careful next time. He was sitting outside the meeting room, listening in to the meeting."

Alexander gaped in horror. "I am so sorry." He blabbed. "I cannot apologize enough I should have lock my office door if I'd known-"

"Alexander," Washington said with a small smile. "Just head home. I'm sure your wife is waiting for you."

"Thank you sir." He said before quickly rushing away.

---

"ALEXANDER?" Eliza screamed the next day. "WHY IS PHILIP SAYING THE F WORD?"

Alexander froze. So that's what Washington meant when he said to be more careful.

"I-I don't know!" He called back.

"HE IS NEVER GOING TO YOUR WORK AGAIN!"