String Lights [Hamburr]

"Hamilton... What are you doing?" Aaron asked, staring blankly at his husband.

"Aaron!" Alexander shrieked. He was so startled that he fell right off the step ladder he was on.

"Oww..." He moaned, rubbing his head. Aaron shook his head and walked over, checking his head to see if there was any serious injury.

"You're fine. Now, mind telling me what you're doing?" He asked, gesuring mildly to the fairy string lights half hanging on the walls.

"Uh..." Alexander said sheepishly. Aaron stared at him blankly, waiting.

"Alright alright!" Alexander cried in defeat. "I remember you mentioning that you liked string lights when you were younger but your uncle thought they were ridiculous so you could never put them up in your room and it's our date night so I just thought they'd be a nice touch and-"

Alexander was cut off by a kiss. His eyes widened before melting into it, pulling Aaron closer.

"Thank you." Aaron said softly, hugging him tightly. Alexander hugged back, a bit shocked. Aaron rarely got this emotional. These string lights must've been more important to Aaron than Alexander had originally thought.

As they settled down for dinner, Aaron was postively beaming. Alexander smiled.

He was happy that he decided to put these lights up.