Divorce [Thomaria]

Requested by: PowerDream4You

---

Thomas sat on a bench, smiling as he watched his daughter Lucy play with another little girl. The two were chasing each other around the equipment placed around the park.

He was startled when a pretty young woman sat down beside him, letting out a loud sigh as she did.

Thomas frowned and faced her. "Are you alright miss?" He asked.

She blinked and turned to him, a startled look on her face.

"I'm alright." She replied. "Just going through a messy divorce. My ex-husband wants custody of my daughter Susan," she pointed to the young girl playing with Lucy. "But I don't want him near her. He's an abusive asshole and I don't want Susan growing up around that. It's the main reason I chose to leave him."

"I'm a Family Law lawyer." Thomas blurted out without thinking. "I could maybe... help you? Or at least give you Legal Advice."

Her eyes widened with surprise and a smile lit up her face. "Wait, really?" She asked, looking ecstatic.

"Here's my card." Thomas fumbled for his business card, placing it in the woman's hands. Their hands brushed and Thomas couldn't help but notice how soft her hands were. Why would anyone want to hurt such a kind and lovely creature?

"Thank you so much sir." She said, holding the card close.

"Just call me Thomas."

She smiled. "Then you can call me Maria."