Comfort [Burrington]

Aaron ran into his office and slammed the door shut, slowly sinking against it, covering his face. The day started normally enough. He woke up, went to work and prepared to go to court. What he was not expecting, was the transphobic slurs that the defendant screamed at him when he won the case for his client. Aaron shuddered and hugged himself, trying to hold back the tears.

He wiped the few that escaped and buried his face in his head, trying to muffle his sobs. Little did he know, that right outside his door stood Alexander Hamilton, who had walked over to his office to ask how the case went. When he heard the quiet, muffled sobs, he immediately left to grab George. He knew that he was the only one who Aaron would open the door for.

A soft knock came from the door and Aaron froze.

"Aaron?" George's gentle voice came through. Aaron sniffled and curled more tightly around himself. He didn't want to see anyone. He just wanted to wallow in his misery, even though he knew very well how unhealthy that was. George sighed softly, before pushing against the door, which Aaron hadn't locked.

His eyes widened when he saw the huddled figure of his boyfriend on the floor. He quickly rushed over and hugged the man tightly.

"Baby what's wrong?" He asked, concern flooding into his voice. Aaron only shuddered and let out a strangled sob. George's worry increased tenfold, but he said nothing and only held the distressed man. They stayed there on the floor for god knows how, Aaron sobbing and George holding him, whispering sweet nothings in his ear, cooing softly.

"Do you want to go home?" He asked softly, messaging Aaron's back. Aaron sniffled and nodded, clinging onto his boyfriend. George kissed his forehead and led him away. Aaron hid his face in George's shoulder, embarrassed to be seen in such a state. George softly told the secretary that they were leaving, before leading Aaron to the car.

---

Aaron and George were cuddling under a soft blanket, watching a movie. Aaron was a lot calmer now, contently being spooned by his boyfriend and eating some popcorn. The movie ended and George put it on mute.

"Aaron," He said, shifting slightly to face his lover.

"Yes?" Aaron asked nervously. He knew where this was going.

"Love, what happened?" George asked, cradling Aaron's face. Aaron's eyes shifted away, not wanting to talk about it. But George knew that he needed to get whatever happened of his chest, or he'd just bury it deep inside and that later, it would come back in a huge fiery and painful explosion.

George didn't want that to happen.

"George, i-it's fine." Aaron stuttered and that only increased George's worry. Aaron only stuttered when he was nervous or upset.

"Aaron," He said, softly but sternly.

"I- It was nothing!" Aaron insisted, moving away.

"Aaron please."

Aaron suddenly sniffled and wiped his eyes. "D-Do you think I'm just pretending?" He whimpered.

George frowned. This wasn't sounding good. "What do you mean?"

"P-Pretending to be a-a boy..." Aaron stammered, tears falling. George took in a sharp breath and lunged forward, wrapping him in a hug.

"God, of course not Aaron." He said firmly, hugging the man as tightly as possible. Aaron whimpered again and clung back just as tightly. George had a feeling why Aaron was thinking this way. He'd taken a look at his current case and well, the defendant wasn't exactly a good character.

It was no secret that Aaron was trans, but no one cared. George could only guess that the defendant knew this and when Aaron won the case, flung harmful slurs to the lawyer.

George felt rage overtake him and was only comforted at the thought that the person who did this to his boyfriend was now behind bars.

"Aaron," He whispered, kissing his head. "You are most definitely a boy, you're not being silly or pretending."

Aaron sobbed and George held him, offering all the comfort he had.