Sexist [Philodosia]

Theodosia let out a small cry as one of the boys surrounding her smacked her textbooks to the ground.

"Why are you even here dumbass!" One cried, before another grabbed one of her pigtails.

She let out a shriek and tried to swat his hand away, but was unable to.

"You don't need to go to school! Girls are suppose to stay home and care for the man!"

Theodosia glared and elbowed the one holding her hair, causing him to let go. She tried to scramble away, but she was grabbed.

"Let go!" She yelled, struggling but the boys only laughed.

"Pathetic! Just go home little girl!"

"Hey! Let her go right now!!"

Everyone turned towards the voice and Theodosia's eyes widened when a boy ran up and punched the one holding her in the face.

"Argh! You little fucker!" The guy yelled, hand flying to his face. He released Theodosia who shoved him to the ground. She kicked him for good measure, before turning around. She blinked in surprise when she saw the new boy kicking and punching multiple people.

He was soon overpowered, but before they could do anything bad, a teacher intervened. Thankfully, these boys had a certain reputation and Theodosia's savior wasn't accused of anything. He did however, have to go to the nurses office.

Theodosia waited for him, squirming a bit.

"Hey."

She looked up and smiled when she saw the boy standing next to her, holding an ice pack to his eye.

"Hello. Thank you for all the help."

The boy grinned. "It wasn't a problem. Those jackasses don't know what they were talking about." A look of concern overtook his face. "You're okay though right?"

Theodosia nodded, still smiling. "I'm fine. My names Theodosia."

"Philip." They just stood there, kinda just staring into each other's eyes.

"Theo!" They both jerked away and suddenly Theodosia's father was in front of her.

"Are you alright Sweetie?" He asked, worry leaking into his voice. "They didn't hurt you did they?"

Theodosia shook her head. "I'm fine dad."

He looked skeptical, but didn't protest. Instead, he turned to Philip.

"Are you the young man who helped my daughter?"

Philip stiffened, but nodded, looking nervous. "Yes sir."

He smiled. "Thank you."

Philip looked surprised, but smiled back. "Uh, no problem."

Her dad nodded, before placing a hand on Theodosia's shoulder.

"Let's go Theo."

Theodosia followed her father, but not before giving Philip a smile and a wink.