Anxiety [Jeffmads]

"Thomas, try to calm down." James said, staring at the hunched over figure of his boyfriend.

"I can't Jemmy." Thomas stammered, voice trembling. "Did you see how many people were out there?!"

"Thomas, you'll be fine. I know you will. I'll be right beside you the entire time." James said, taking a seat besides Thomas' shaking body. Thomas leaned into him, hiding his face in James' shoulder.

"I can't do this." He said quietly. James frowned with concern when he realized Thomas sounded close to tears.

"Oh baby." He said, hugging Thomas tightly. "Yes you can. You can conquer this."

Thomas whimpered.

James soothingly began to massage his back. "The speech will be right in front of you, so you don't have to worry about that. I'll be right beside you the whole time, you won't be alone. And Aaron and Martha are going to be in the audience, so you can just focus on them."

"Mr Madison. Mr Jefferson, five minutes."

James nodded to the man. "Thank you." He said softly.

"Come on Thomas." He said standing and pulling the other man to his feet. He clutched Thomas' hand tightly and squeezed. "Let's go do this. I believe in you."

Thomas was still shaking, but he took a deep breath and nodded, giving James a shaky smile.

"Right."