Car Races [Mullette]

Hercules sat on the ground, making car noises as he rolled one about. He was blissfully innocent in his own space.

"Hercules."

The little boy looked up and grinned at his teacher, showing off his missing teeth.

"Ms Eliza!" He said. He blinked and stared in surprise when he saw a little boy standing just behind Ms Eliza.

"Hello!" He greeted cheerfully, smiling. The little boy blinked, before taking a step forward.

"H-Hello." He said back.

Hercules giggled. "Your voice is weird!"

The boy's face flushed and he looked down.

"It's pretty!" Hercules added, still smiling innocently. The boy's face went red and he shifted.

"Hercules, this is Lafayette. You wouldn't mind showing him around and playing?"

Hercules laughed cheerfully and clapped his hands. "Play with me L-Lafay-" His face twisted, finding it difficult to pronounce the other boy's name. "Laf! Come play!" He said.

Lafayette looked up before waddling over to him. He plopped down and stared at Hercules with large eyes.

"W-Whatcha doing...?" The boy asked, looking a bit shy.

"Race car!" Hercules said, showing off his special car collection to the other little boy. "You wanna race?"

Lafayette nodded, eyes gleaming. "Sure"

When Hercules' mum came to pick him up, he couldn't stop telling her about his wonderful and pretty new friend.