Too Far [Jamilton]

John, Lafayette, Hercules, Aaron, everyone really, stared at the two men standing at the front of the class. They were screaming insults, the original reason for the argument long forgotten.

"Well your dead girlfriend only went out with you because she pitied you!" Alexander screamed, glaring at Thomas who was frozen with a look of shock on his face. Everyone stare at them in silence. 

Thomas was shaking, quite obviously holding back tears. Alexander's mouth moved up and down, no words coming out. A couple of tears slipped free before Thomas turned and ran away.

James glared at him. "Nice going jackass." He said, before rushing after Thomas.

Alexander just stood there, guilt consuming him.

---

James sat beside Thomas, gently rubbing his back as the man sobbed and whimpered.

"J-James.." He whimpered. "W-What he said... it wasn't... you don't think i-it's true do you?"

"Oh Thomas, what Alexander said wasn't true..." James murmured. "Martha loved you just like you loved her."

Thomas sniffled and James pulled him into a hug. Only two years ago, Thomas' girlfriend Martha was killed in a car crash. It was still a sensitive subject. James sighed and squeezed his best friend tightly, who merely sobbed in response.

Footsteps were heard coming closer and James turned slightly to the door while covering Thomas' hunched over figure. He scowled when he saw Alexander standing in the doorway looking guilty and extremely awkward.

"What do you want?" James snapped, coming out a bit harsher than he meant. Alexander flinched and looked down at his shoes.

"I uh, I just wanted to apologize..." He mumbled, fiddling with his sleeves. "What I said was, was out of line."

James was about to snap at him again, but Thomas raised his head. "Damn right i-it was..." His friend stuttered.

Alexander's eyes widened, obviously shocked at Thomas' tear stained face.

"Thomas I-"

"Save it."  Thomas said, tears still falling. "You went too far this time Alexander."

Alexander's eyes widened at the use of his name. James hesitantly looked between the two men. Thomas sniffed and wiped his eyes.

"Way too far." He said before walking away. The two remaining men stood in silence, both seeming concerned for Thomas.

"You better make it up to him." James finally said. "You mean more to Thomas then you think."

With that, James left Alexander to wallow in his guilt.