Forest [Burrcules]

Requested by: ultimatetrrash

---

Aaron walked along the path, hugging himself. Why had he decided to take a walk now? The wind nipped at his exposed skin. When had it gotten so cold?

He heard a twig snap and he flinched. He gnawed his lip and walked at a quicker pace. He heard a low growl and he whimpered slightly, before breaking into a run.

He cried out in terror when something large hit his lower back, causing him to lose balance and fall to the ground. His head hit the paved path and the last thing he saw was a large light brown wolf, standing in front of him.

---

"Hey..."

Aaron groaned as his shoulder was shaken.

"Hey, please wake up."

Aaron groaned again and slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a few times, squinting in the darkness. It seemed to be nighttime now. How long had he been out?

"Oh thank god you're okay." The voice breathed out in relief.

"Who..." Aaron muttered. He sat up, only to be hit with a wave of dizziness. "Ah..." He moaned out, wincing at the pounding in his head.

"Careful!" The voice said. "You hit your head quite hard. You shouldn't try to move too much. I uh, I think you may have a concussion..."

Aaron groaned again and just laid down. "What happened?" He muttered, keeping his eyes squeezed shut.

"Um well," The voice paused. "My friends and I... Uh, we were kinda playing around and my friend John got pushed away roughly... And he hit you. He's really sorry by the way! It was an accident."

"S'fine..." Aaron mumbled. He frowned. He could've sworn he'd seen a wolf before passing out...

"Here," The voice said and was a bit startled when a glass was pushed to his lips.

"You're probably thirsty, so I got you some water."

The stranger wasn't wrong, Aaron was very thirsty and against his better judgment, drank the liquid that was offered.

"Thank you." He said quietly as his dizziness began to fade away slightly. His vision cleared and he turned to the man, only to scramble backward in shock.

"Y-You-" He stammered. "You have wolf ears!"

The man blinked and his ears twitched, confirming that they were indeed real.

"Oh. Did I not mention my friends and I are shifters?" The man grinned and crawled closer. "The name's Hercules."

"I-" Aaron squeaked when the wolf shifter cradled his cheek.

"You're real cute." He muttered. "I think I'll keep you."