Mermaid [Lams]

Requested by: potatoisbest5

---

Alexander quickly ran down the forest trail, a bright grin on his face. He looked down at the box in his hands and picked up his pace.

"John!" He called, stepping through the trees and entering a clearing that contained a lake. He frowned when he couldn't see his new friend anywhere.

"John?" He said uncertainly. He bit his lip when he got no response. He crept to the lake, eyes scanning the surface for any disturbance.

"John!" He shouted. There wasn't even a ripple. He frowned, disappointment filling him. He sat down and stared, waiting.

"Hey, Alex!"

Alexander looked to his right and grinned when he saw a familiar head sticking out of the water.

"John!" He said, scrambling to his feet and going to the lake's shore. John swam over and dragged himself onto the sand. Alexander's eyes went from John's face to his tail. It was pretty long, about the size of one and a half human legs. Not only that, but it was a pretty bright blue.

"Alex, my face is over here."

Alexander flushed. "S-Sorry! It's just, your tail is so pretty and really fascinating and-"

"It's fine Alexander," John said in amusement. "Anyways, what'd you bring today?"

"My mum baked cookies!" Alexander carefully unwrapped the box and presented the cookies to John. John's eyes lit up and he reached for one, but Alexander slapped his hand away.

"Your hand is all wet. If you take a cookie, it'll be all soggy and ruined." He grabbed a towel and tossed it to John who caught it with a startled look.

He hesitantly wiped off his hands with the towel, before snatching a cookie. Alexander watched as John examined the new treat, sniffing it slightly before shoving the whole thing in his mouth.

Alexander giggled when John's eyes lit up once his taste buds registered the taste of the cookie.

"This is good." He said, reaching for another.

Alexander chuckled and grabbed another one.

"These are oatmeal cookies. Tomorrow I'll bring chocolate. They're even better."

John smiled brightly around his mouthful of cookie.

"I can't wait!"