A Great Loss [Burrcules]

When Hercules came home, he was not expecting the door to his bedroom to be barricaded. He set down his bag and knocked on the door.

"Aaron? Are you in there?" He called, a deep frown on his face. This type of behavior was not typical of his boyfriend. If he had indeed barricaded himself in their room, well, let's just say Hercules would be worried.

A small sob came as the response and Hercules' worry increased tenfold.

"Babe, let me in." He said, leaning against the door. 

No response.

"Aaron?"

Slowly, ever so slowly, the door crept open revealing a crying Aaron.

"Oh babe..." Hercules immediately wrapped his arms around his sobbing boyfriend, bringing him into a tight hug. Aaron accepted the hug and continued to sob into Hercules' chest. Neither of them said anything. While Hercules was curious as to what was going on, he knew that what Aaron needed was not an interrogation. What he needed was to be comforted.

They stood in the hall for God knows how long, until Aaron finally pulled away, sniffling and wiping his cheeks.

"You gonna be okay love?" Hercules asked, cradling Aaron's face in his hands and gently brushing tears away.

"S-Sally... S-She was in a car crash and- and-!" Another sob escaped Aaron's lips and he started crying all over again. At his words, Hercules felt his stomach drop.

"Oh my god... Aaron, I'm so sorry." He whispered, pulling Aaron back into a hug. He felt tears of his own rising up. 

Sally had been a wonderful person. She'd almost always been there for Aaron, even during their time with their uncle. She protected him. Hercules could still remember when he first meet Aaron's feisty sister. She threatened him on the spot, much to Aaron's embarrassment and later, she pulled him aside warning that Aaron wouldn't be able to stand another heartbreak and if Hercules did anything, and she meant anything, then he'd been a dead man.

Hercules liked her instantly.

Hercules placed kisses on Aaron's head, rubbing his back comfortingly. He knew it would take both of them a long time to heal, but he had faith that together, they could.