Suspicion [Hamburr]

Alexander snarled when he saw Thomas Jefferson hug his boyfriend. He knew that purple asshole wasn't to be trusted.

Aaron had been hanging around a lot recently with the hair freak, and Alexander didn't like it. Not one bit.

Jefferson had to go.

---

The killing was a simple one. Jefferson was stupidly easy. He just had to break into his house, then make it seem like a robbery gone wrong. A bullet through the heart and done. Jefferson was no longer a problem.

Alexander left the house with a skip in his step and returned to his and Aaron's apartment with a bright grin.

His Aaron was his again. No one else could touch him.

---

When Aaron heard of Jefferson's death he was horrified. Alexander played comforter and could barely hide his grin when they went to the funeral.

He held Aaron the entire time, whispering soft words of comfort and when he wasn't, he was daydreaming about how he was going to help Aaron recover from the, oh so tragic death.

He was so focused on his boyfriend he didn't even notice the tear-stained and hate-filled eyes burning into his skull.

---

James Madison stood in his apartment, mulling over the evidence he'd collected.

Thomas had been killed by a robbery only two weeks after he became friends with Aaron.

He bit his lip and glanced outside, before closing his curtains. He fingered the knife in his pocket, before returning to his bed.

Alexander Hamilton.

He had no doubt in his mind that Aaron's too perfect boyfriend was behind Thomas' death. He'd seen the hateful and jealous glares he'd directed at Thomas' back whenever he was around Aaron.

Not only that but when James had gone over to Aaron and Alexander's apartment he'd seen it. The type of gun that the police had identified as the gun to kill Thomas.

James still couldn't quite believe that Aaron's boyfriend was a killer. But after he's done a bit of digging he realized this hasn't been Alexander's first kill.

His first one had looked like a suicide. But when James spoke to Jonathan Bellamy's close friend, excluding Aaron, he was told that Bellamy had had a crush on Aaron and had been planning to tell him.

Only a few days later, the man had hung himself in his bedroom. And who was the person there to comfort and offer his affection to poor, distraught Aaron?

Alexander Hamilton.

James couldn't believe that Aaron had never noticed. The man was a genius. Goes to show how blind a person is when their emotions are high.

James fingered the knife a bit more, before standing up and leaving the apartment.

He walked down the streets, headed straight for Aaron and Alexander's apartment.

He knocked on the door and was slightly surprised to see Alexander was the one to answer it.

Alexander blinked at him. "Can I help you?" He asked.

"I'm here to see Aaron," James said curtly.

Alexander's eyes narrowed. "What's your business with him?"

"I need to talk to him."

"No. Get lost," Alexander said with a snarl.

"Alexander?" Aaron walked up behind him. "Who's at the door?"

Alexander frowned, before stepping out of the way.

Aaron's eyes widened. "James? What are you doing here?" His eyes softened. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm fine. Can I talk to you?" He glanced at Alexander. "Alone?"

"Aaron..." Alexander said lowly.

"It's fine Alex. Let him in."

With a scowl, Alexander moved out of the way and let James in. Immediately, James grabbed Aaron's arm and basically dragged him to one of the bedrooms. He ignored Alexander's shout of protest and slammed the door behind him.

"J-James?" Aaron asked, fear seeping into his voice.

"Aaron, you have to get out of here," James whispered.

Aaron frowned at him. "Wait, what? Why?"

"It's not safe."

"What? James, this is the safest place I can be right now!" Aaron protested, watching as James looked out the window.

"It's really not," James said, frowning.

"James, what the hell is going on? Are you alright?"

"Aaron, I need you to listen to me okay?" James said, placing his hands on Aaron's shoulders.

"O-Okay..."

"Alexander? He's not who you think he is."

"James, what are you talking about-"

"He killed Thomas," James said.

Aaron froze, his eyes wide. "What? But the police said a burglar shot him."

"It was Alexander, Aaron. He killed your friend Jonathan Bellamy!"

Aaron flinched and looked away. "Jon killed himself, James. Alexander had nothing to do with it."

"How can you not see it, Aaron?" James cried, shaking him slightly. "He's obsessed with you! To the point where he's willing to commit murder just to ensure you stay with him. He's insane, you have to get out of here."

"That's such a mean thing to say, Jimmy James."

James froze and turned around, gasping slightly when he saw Alexander standing behind him. He backed up when he saw the knife Alexander was holding.

Alexander was scowling at him, eyes full of rage.

"Aaron," James said, taking his pocket knife out. "Get out of here."

Aaron only sighed and walked over to Alexander. "You need to keep your nose out for our business James." He said.

James gaped. "You... you knew."

Aaron shifted, looking a bit uncomfortable. "It took me two years, but yeah."

"Why the hell are you still with him!"

"I love him, James," Aaron said quietly. "I'm truly sorry about Thomas. I should've made it more clear to him to back off."

"Yeah," Alexander murmured. "You're mine."

Aaron smiled sweetly and kissed him softly.

James felt sick to his stomach.

"James, I can make sure Alex doesn't hurt you. But I need you to promise to keep this our little secret, alright?" Aaron said cuddling closer to his boyfriend.

James was at a loss for words.

"James, I don't want to see you die. Just go on with your life and we'll go on with ours. I won't make the same mistake I made with Thomas again. I'll keep Alexander in check." Aaron said.

James swallowed, before turning and racing out the bedroom.

"A smart decision." He heard Aaron mumble.

Tears streaming down his face, James rushed back to his own apartment, the guilt of being too much of a coward to avenge Thomas consuming him.