Dress [Jamilton]

Requested by: fairytalehoney06

---

"Our final project is going to be making a dress and suit." The teacher said and then began to list off who was partnered with who.

Alexander felt his entire body seize up when his name came up.

"Alexander with Thomas." The teacher said.

Thomas spluttered from his spot in the back of the room.

"Hold up." He said. "We're both men!"

The teacher gave him an unimpressed look. "I suppose one of you will have to model the dress. We have more boys in this class than girls, therefore, a few groups will be only males."

Thomas scowled, but didn't protest further.

The class went by quickly, the teacher only talked about the criteria for t's project. Alexander couldn't keep the panic at bay. His mind whirled with thoughts of how he could convince Thomas to wear the dress without revealing how dysphoric it would make him.

"Oi, Hamilton."

Alexander flinched and looked up to see Thomas standing next to him with his arms crossed.

"What?" He snapped.

"You free this weekend to make the stupid suit and dress?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah, I'm free. My place, or yours?" Alexander replied, trying to keep any anxiety he felt to himself and out of his tone of voice.

"Either is fine with me." Thomas said nonchalantly.

"Then we can go to my house." Alexander said. It would be better for him in the long run to stay in a familiar setting.

Thomas nodded. "Alright. I'll come over around noon."

"Okay."

Thomas nodded again and walked off with a wave.

---

Alexander paced nervously as he waited for Thomas to arrive. He'd set out some fabric that they could use. It was a variety of purples, mostly magentas. He figured if he made the dress Thomas' favorite color, maybe he'd be more open to wearing it while Alexander donned the suit.

A knock on the door snapped Alexander out of his thoughts and he went to open it.

"Hello." Thomas drawled as he walked in.

"Hi." Alexander said.

"So, since this is our final project, we'll have to put some effort in." Thomas pulled out a small sketchbook. "I've got a couple of design ideas for the dress and suit."

"Alright. The fabric is in the living room. I've got a sewing machine and stuff as well."

Thomas nodded. "Alright princess, what do you want your dress to look like?" He said with a smirk.

Alexander tensed and his eyes went wide. Panic and horror overtook him and he grabbed Thomas by his collar.

"Who told you?" He snapped, fear in his eyes. He couldn't stop his trembling. "I'm going to kill Lafayette."

His breathing picked up and hitched. His throat closed and he couldn't swallow. Tears were building in his eyes and the panic increased.

Meanwhile, Thomas was spluttering and staring at Alexander like he'd grown a second head.

"What are you talking about Hamilton?" He asked. "Laf didn't say a damn thing."

He tried to rip himself out of Alexander's grip and he was shocked when he saw the tears flowing from Alexander's eyes.

"Dude, what's wrong?"

"I'm not a girl." Alexander mumbled, sniffling.

Thomas blinked, understanding slowly coming to him. "Never said you were." He said carefully.

Alexander let him go and stormed away, obviously trembling. Thomas stood there awkwardly before following Alexander to the living room.

"Uh, you alright Hamilton?" He asked, completely out of his element. He frowned when Alexander just scowled and looked away.

They worked in silence, Alexander on the suit and Thomas on the dress.

"I'm gonna take these home." Thomas said when it was nearing dinner time.

Alexander frowned, but said nothing and only waved him off. Thomas collected both pieces of clothing and went home.

The next month was the fashion show and Alexander was shocked when Thomas shoved the suit into his arms.

"W-what?" He stammered. Thomas only shot him a smirk.

"Try not to trip out there Hamilton!" He said, waltzing away with the dress in hand.