Yellow Jacket [Hamlaf]

Lafayette frowned as he watched a man walked through the crowd of people in a bright yellow rain jacket.

The weird thing about it was the fact that the man had the hood up, but it wasn't raining.

Lafayette pursed his lips, and in the end, his curiosity won. He quickly gave chase to the strange man.

The man ducked into an alleyway and Lafayette followed, only to gasp when he was suddenly shoved against the wall with a bade to his throat.

"Who are you?" The man in the yellow jacket snarled. Lafayette was startled to see small fangs.

"I... a-are you a demon hybrid?" He stammered. The man looked shocked, before scowling and leaning forward, putting more pressure into the blade against Lafayette's throat.

"How do you know?" He demanded.

Lafayette did his best to tilt his neck away from the blade. He stared down at the smaller male. "Your fangs." He mumbled. "If you want no one to know, you need to hide them better."

The man stared at him with narrow eyes, before taking a step back and tucking the knife away.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Lafayette," Lafayette responded, rubbing his neck gently before looking over at his attacker. He blinked and felt blood rush to his cheeks. The demon hybrid was actually... kind of really adorable? He was a couple of inches shorter than Lafayette and he could spy some messy brown hair from under his hood. He also had the prettiest eyes and oh shit Lafayette's in trouble.

"What?" The hybrid snapped.

"What's your name?" Lafayette blurted out, immediately flushing red afterward.

The hybrid stared at him for a moment. "Alexander." He finally answered.

"Alexander..." Lafayette mumbled. "That's a pretty name-"

Alexander was already gone.

"What a strange little man," Lafayette said, before turning and leaving the alleyway. Hercules would kill him if he didn't show up soon.

---

"Lafayette!" John shouted. "Look out!"

Lafayette barely suppressed a screech when a hybrid jumped at him, blades blazing. He hissed when the knife grazed his arm, before raising his leg and kicking the hybrid away, forcing himself to slit the creature's throat.

Memories of Alexander flashed across his mind and he quickly shoved them aside, moving on to defend himself against the next enemy.

He was about to kill the hybrid when someone screamed.

"Stop!"

Lafayette froze and looked up to see Alexander running to him.

"A-Alexander-" His eyes widened and he stumbled back when Alexander shoved him away to check on the hurt hybrid.

Lafayette froze when Alexander cradled the hybrid and bared his teeth at him. The hybrid groaned and Alexander's attention was immediately back on him.

"Shit, shit, shit." He muttered, digging through his pockets.

"Alexander... you are s-such an idiot," The hybrid muttered, before crying out in pain.

"Shut up Aaron!" Alexander snapped, wrapping some cloth around the bleeding wound. "You're not allowed to die. Or have you forgotten about you husband and your daughter!"

The hybrid, Aaron, smiled sadly. "Make sure they stay safe." He whispered.

"Shut up." Alexander growled. "You can do that yourself."

A pained laugh escaped Aaron's lips, before the man went limp. Alexander froze, eyes wide with horror.

"No... no no no no no no." He said, hands going to shaking Aaron's body. "Wake up dammit! You're not allowed to die! You need to see Theo and Jonathan and-" a sob escaped him.

Lafayette felt guilt consume him as he watched Alexander cry over the hybrid.

"Alexander I-"

"Shut up!" Alexander roared.

Lafayette's guilt vanished and fear was swift to replace it when he saw the bright red in Alexander's eyes.

"This is your fault." He snarled.

Lafayette took a step back, terror coursing through him. "Calm down." He said.

Alexander just snarled and gently put Aaron's head down before standing up. "It's your fault his daughter doesn't have a mother. It's your fault Jonathan is now a widow!"

"Lafayette! Duck!"

Lafayette's eyes widened in horror and he screamed, but it was too late. John's bullet struck Alexander in the side.

"Stop!" He screamed at John. "Don't hurt him!"

John ignored him and fired again. Alexander dodged and the bullet struck Aaron's limp body in the arm.

Lafayette could only watch helplessly as Alexander snapped.

Tears spilled from his eyes as he watched Alexander fall to the ground, ummoving.