The Tale of the Day Loki Disappeared: Part 2

Part 2

Loki opened his eyes slowly and tried to move his hands. There was a clanking sound and he turned to see that he was chained to a wall. He tried to speak, but realized that he had been gagged. His head ached and his felt a pain in his side where he was sure a couple of his ribs were cracked. Who had taken him and why? Loki thought he had recognized something about the race of the creature that had kidnapped him, but he could not quite pinpoint it. Loki pulled on the chains until he cut his own wrists. Finally, Loki had to admit that unlike Thor, he did not have the strength to break them.

He knelt on the stone floor and then tried to do it with his mind. Volva was showing him how to mentally use magic, this would be a perfect time to practice. Loki tried every spell he could think of, and he could feel the chains beginning to weaken, and bend away from his wrists.

"There's no use trying Loki, Odinson. You'll never break those chains," said a mysterious, feminine voice. Loki looked up and saw a tall woman with pale skin. Her eyes were golden and her hair was white.

He tried to speak but the gag impeded him. The woman reached down, and yanked the cloth away. "Ah, a Vanir. Thought Father eclipsed you a long time ago," Loki said sarcastically. The Vanir walked by him and looked out the narrow window of his cell. "If you wanted to speak to me, you could have asked nicely."

The Vanir turned to him and raised her arms, her cloak billowing in an invisible wind. "I am Mand'e, the most powerful ilusor in Vanir. I am of the old ways."

Loki cocked his head and rattled his chains. "You're a seer, a soothsayer. I guess that means you believe in things being done the old fashioned way; violently." Mand'e grinned and stooped down to his level. The smirk on her face told Loki that she knew more.

"I've seen the future, Loki. You will cause such damage in the years to come. Death, destruction, and distress. You'll have another name in the future Loki, and that is Ragnarok!" Loki looked her in the eye. He thought she was crazy. She believed fanatically in what she said, but was it true? Did she believe that he was a threat to the future? Ragnarok. The end of the world!

End of Part 2