The Tale of the Heir of Mischief: Part 2

Loki walked down the long hallway to the council chamber. He gently adjusted the circlet in his hair and continued the walk quietly, his boots not making a single sound on the stone floor. When he arrived at the doors, he placed his hands on the wood, and opened it. Loki straightened up and looked down the huge chamber. Odin was already in his throne, and Thor was not far off, enjoying a cup of wine. "Glad you decided to join us, sleepyhead," Thor said as he placed his cup down on a table. Loki's brow furrowed as he approached.

"You're one to talk-" he started to say, before Odin cut him off

"Enough!  The two of you!" the All-Father said.  Both brothers glared at one another and took their seats in front of their father. "I did not call you here to discuss your slow descent into rivalry. I want to discuss what to do with Prince Helbindi. He is a problem, one that must be nipped in the bud quickly. Loki has been visiting him, and says that he does not react to his punishment the way the other prisoners do. He controls whatever nightmare he has, and is even giving it to the guards. That is the surest recipe for a prison break. So, who has a suggestion as to where we can send him to spend the rest of his punishment?" Odin out his fingers in the steeple position and waited for an answer.

Thor stroked his bearded chin and glanced cautiously in Loki's direction. It only took Loki a moment before he had an idea. He leaned forward in his chair and opened his mouth to speak, when suddenly there was the sound of loud, hurried foot falls outside, then pounding on the door. All three of them stood up, and Odin commanded the doors to open. A captain entered the room and bowed deeply. "Speak! What is so important that it has interrupted this meeting?" Odin asked. The captain breathed in heavily and spoke.

"Your majesties, there is chaos in the Vault of Visions. Prince Helbindi has issued a threat! A threat to the unborn child of Prince Loki! He says, 'The heir of mischief will not live'!"

End of Part 2