Thor's Invisible Days Tale: Part 4

Loki's mouth dropped open, and then he concentrated on his chamber. When he opened his eyes, he was lying on his bed with the scroll in his hands. He sat up quickly and then started laughing. He had escaped the Giant of Knowledge! He continued to laugh, hugging himself, and rolling on the bed, until he heard a knock on the door. "It's open!" he called as he got off the bed. The door opened and nobody entered. "Thanks for running me over," Loki said curtly to Thor, for obviously, it was him.

"Well, I gave you a break by distracting him didn't I?" Thor asked.

"Yes, thank you for doing your job. Now, if you'll be quiet, I can find what I need to make you visible again. It wouldn't surprise of somebody writes a horror story about an invisible man." Loki muttered the last part to himself, and he began to read through the scroll. He soon heard Thor pacing, and talking to himself. Occasionally, he heard a slapping sound and guessed that Thor had hit his thigh or was bringing his hands together anxiously. Loki ran his fingers through his hair and continued to mumble to himself. Finally, Loki was at his wits end when he found something. "I think I've got it!" he said and he heard Thor quickly approach him. He pointed to the writing, but there was no response from Thor. "Right, I forgot, not everyone is as gifted as me," Loki remarked and he got smacked in the back of the head. "You know what? You can be invisible for the rest of your life! I'm done!" he said, throwing the scroll across the room. It hit the floor and Loki would have stalked out, but Thor caught his wrist.

"I'm sorry. Please don't leave me trapped like this?" he begged. Loki turned and guessed where his brother's eyes were. He sighed and then picked up the scrolls. A moment later, he found something.

"This might work," he told Thor. He closed his eyes, breathed deep, and then started, "Arcan de ila tay. Arcan de ila tay. Arcan de ila tay." When Loki opened his eyes, Thor was standing before him, a smile crossing his face. The two of them hugged, but that was when there was a knock on the door. They looked up just as Odin entered, followed by the Giant of Knowledge.

"Loki, what's this I hear of you trashing the great library?" Odin asked, narrowing his eye at him. Thor gave Loki a sideways glance and made a face. Loki stepped away from him, planted his feet, and put his hands behind his back. That was when he smirked.

"Father, I was just trying to find something, but the giant was hindering. No wonder why no one thirsts for knowledge. His countenance is enough to scare the urge from anyone."

The End