The Tale of the Day the Donkey Invaded: Part 2

Part 2

Loki stood in front of the mirror and admired the green tunic Frigga had had made for him for the banquet.  A black, leather long coat would go over it, as black and green were Loki’s colors.  Thor’s were red, silver, and black.  Sometimes Loki would have golden arm guards, but not tonight.  He was wearing a golden chain around his neck, and he did have a golden bracelet.  On it was the symbol of the Vanir, Frigga’s real people.  She said that it was from them that magic came into the world.  Frigga had magic, and she passed that on to Loki.  There was a knock on the door, and Loki turned.  A servant entered and curtsied to him.

“Pardon me your highness, but the delegation from Alfheim is here,” she told him.  Loki nodded and she left.  He reached for the circlet of the younger prince of Asgard and slipped it into his black hair.  Loki swiftly left the room and ran to courtyard where he found Odin, Frigga, and Thor.

“You’re late,” Thor remarked.  Loki sneered but got a stern look from Odin.  He straightened just as the horses entered the courtyard.  Loki and Thor had never actually seen the Light Elves, so they were amazed by what they saw.  The King of the Light Elves was tall, with white hair, and pale skin.  His queen was so similar in appearance, that for a moment, the boys were not sure what gender they both were.  After the king and queen, came two graceful girls.  They both had white hair, and their pointy ears were accentuated by the dangly earrings they were wearing.  Thor elbowed Loki and then indicated the oldest daughter with his head.  Loki studied her, but decided that her eyes were too close together.  The second daughter on the other hand, was a beauty.  She was perfectly formed, and for a moment, Loki was ogling her.  After a moment, he realized that she was looking back at him, and he shook himself.  ‘I’m too young to be looking at girls like that,’ Loki thought to himself. 

“King Alry, thank you for visiting us on this auspicious day,” Odin said as he greeted him.  They shook hands, and then he introduced him to Frigga.  “Now, here are my sons.  Thor, Prince of Thunder, and my youngest, Prince Loki,” Odin introduced, placing a hand on both their shoulders.  King Alry smiled at both of them and then he brought forward his queen.  “This is Queen Iloway.  And these are my daughters; my oldest daughter, Frigen; and my second daughter, Sigyn.”  Loki looked at the second daughter and smiled at her.  A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

“We welcome you to Asgard.  Now, enter and let the Banquet of Realms begin!”  Trumpets blared and Odin and Frigga led the monarchs of Alfheim into the palace.  Thor offered Frigen his arm, and walked her in.  Loki turned to Sigyn and signaled that she should go before him.  Sigyn nodded and entered ahead of him.  Loki followed them, but as he did, a smirk started to appear on his face.

End of Part 2