The Tale of Old Enemies & New: Part 2

Loki splashed water on his face and looked at his reflection in the mirror. His skin was abnormally pale, his naturally green eyes now had flecks of yellow in them. Loki knew what that meant. After the last assassin, Loki had cast a spell on himself, a forewarning system that would alert him when another Frost Giant had come. With the reaction he was having now, he knew he was going to be dealing with a powerful one. When Loki turned away from his washing basin, he almost fainted, and had to grab hold a cabinet for support. There was a sound from outside, followed by a knock on the door. Before Loki could say 'enter,' he fell to the ground. "Master!" his servant cried and the door opened. Dickens found him on the floor and quickly went to his side. "Master Loki! What is it? Are you unwell?" Dickens asked when he gave Loki a drink of water.

"Someone is here, Dickens. Someone from my past," Loki told him. Dickens' eyes widened and his mouth opened a little.

"From your home in Asgard, my lord?" Dickens asked. Loki shook his head. "Your Alfheim in-laws?" Dickens asked again and Loki frowned a little. "No! Not the Jotunheims?" he queried.

"It's Jotuns, Dickens and yes, one of them. He's powerful, whoever he is. Take me to my sanctum. I must be near my shrines," Loki told him. Dickens nodded his head and helped Loki to his feet. They struggled down the steps, through the hallways, and finally, into Loki's sanctum. Dickens took Loki to the statue of Odin. He lit the fire in the gold bowl and stepped back. Loki sliced his hand with a dagger and dropped the blood into the flames. The flames leapt up and Loki breathed in the smoke, and when he stepped away and opened his eyes, they were burning green. He straightened up, smiled, and turned back to Dickens. "Thank you, Dickens. I am feeling much better. I don't have any parties to attend this evening, do I?" Loki queried as they walked out of his sanctum. Dickens shook his head, and Loki nodded. "Fine. Is my Norseman suit all cleaned from my last visit to Paris?"

"It is sir," Dickens told him.

"Get it for me, please. Tonight, the Norseman is going to have to do some work, right here, in Merry Old England!"

End of Part 2