The Tale of the Missing Wedding Rings: Part 2

Thor stomped out of his chamber with the Warriors Three and Sif on his heels. His jaw was set, his eyes narrowed, and his breath ragged. Sif came up to him quickly and placed her hand on his arm. "You're not going to kill the queen's cat, are you?" she queried with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm half tempted to. I wish Loki had done something sneaky to it when we were children, and could get away with it," Thor responded.

"What did you want me to do?" a familiar voice asked and all five of them jumped a mile high. Loki was standing there in golden armor, his horned helmet gleaming in the light, and his green cape billowing behind him. He placed his hands on his hips, cocked his head to one side, and raised his eyebrow at Thor. Thor felt himself shrink into his own boots under Loki's gaze. He knew that Loki would never forgive him; and most likely turn him into some embarrassing creature for life. Loki eyed him for another moment before glancing around. "Are my rings safe?" Loki suddenly asked. Thor felt his heart stop in his chest, but he quickly covered it up.

"They're being polished right now. They need to sparkle and shine for today!" Thor said. Loki's eyes narrowed for a split second, before he took on a pleasant expression.

"Thank you, Thor. I wouldn't want to celebrate this day without you," Loki told him. He slapped Thor's shoulder and walked away. As soon as he rounded the corner, the Warriors Three and Sif let out a long held in breath.

"If that wasn't close, I don't know what is!" Volstagg remarked heavily. Thor turned around and gathered them close together.

"Now, we need to find that cat! I'm very sure that it is possessed by the devil, which means it would keep the rings to flaunt in my face! We find that stupid animal, get the rings, and lock it up somewhere. Understood?" Thor asked.Volstagg raised his hand and Thor raised his eyebrow.

"You're not going to kill the cat?" Volstagg queried.

"Only if it ate the rings!" Thor responded.

End of Part 2