The Vale of the Valkyrie Tale: Part 2

Loki, 13-years-old and handsome, was determined to show Thor that he was not scared of girls. "You are very scared of girls. If one walked up right now, and said hello, you would pass out on the floor," Thor told him as they walked along the Rainbow Bridge. Loki colored but refused to be drawn into a stupid verbal barrage with his brother. Instead, he adjusted his green cloak, and then the golden horned circlet he was wearing in his black hair.

"Will Heimdall let us pass though? I don't think Father will suffer us to go anywhere," Loki pointed out.

"That's why you are going to create illusions of us, and they will distract Heimdall while we jump through," Thor said excitedly. Loki shuddered a little. There was only one place that would have the amount of women his brother was talking about. The Valkyrie posts that were dotted about the tree of Yggdrasil. But the Valkyrie were dangerous. Like the Amazons of their Greek cousins, they hated being ruled by men, and any men who came to visit uninvited, were usually killed. "There's Heimdall! Create your illusions and make us invisible!" Thor ordered. It only took Loki a second to shield them and create their copies, but he took hold of Thor's arm, just to keep him from doing something rash.

"Ah, Princes of Asgard! What brings you to my gates?" Heimdall asked. Thor smirked and shrugged his shoulders. Loki rolled his eyes and growled a little. Even when Thor did not open his mouth, he was a terrible liar. But Heimdall knew that also. He shook his head and then looked at Loki, expecting the truth from the last person they usually got it from.

"We're going to visit our cousins in the Greek world, Heimdall. Please open the gate," Loki said.

Heimdall's eyebrow went up. Ever since that little arrow incident, Frigga had not had the Greeks or the Egyptians out to see them, but apparently, since Loki and Thor stood up to the boys, they had come to respect them. "Very well, I'll set your course for Olympus. I will also inform your parents," Heimdall said. Thor shot Loki a look, but the Prince of Mischief did not look at him. Loki gave him a smile, and then they stepped up to the portal. Heimdall had just started putting his sword in, and Loki waved his hand, changing the destination. Heimdall did not notice at all and continued to send them on their way. Finally, Loki and Thor appeared outside the training camp of the Valkyrie. Loki and Thor looked up the high wall, and Thor rubbed his hands together. Loki, on the other hand, was too busy seeing the archers aiming at them from out of hidden vantage points in the wall above them!

End of Part 2