The Tale of the Diplomatic Duo: Part 4

When Heimdall pulled Thor and Loki back into Asgard, the still stunned Helbindi was with them. Heimdall raised an eyebrow when he saw him, but knew better then to ask what was up. A special Asgardian soldier troupe was standing at the entrance when they appeared. They immediately surrounded them and began to escort them to the palace.

When Prince Helbindi was brought before Odin, chains had been placed on his neck and wrists. He was watched by eight Asgardian guards, while Thor and Loki approached the throne. They bowed to Odin before they sat in their chairs: Thor sat on the other side of Odin, while Loki sat next to Frigga. When they were all up there, Loki raised his hand and whispered a magical spell. Helbindi breathed heavily and blinked a couple of times. When he looked back up at them, all four, sitting on their thrones, he laughed. "I am impressed. The royal family of Asgard seems to be less dysfunctional than my own," Helbindi said sardonically. Odin slammed Gungnir on the ground and the whole chamber became silent.

"Prince Helbindi, son of Laufey, you have committed war crimes against the people of Asgard. For your cruelty, you shall be locked up in the Vault of Visions until we see that you have paid your debt to those that were killed," Odin said. Prince Helbindi smiled and focused his stare on Loki in his throne. Frigga saw it and her hand went out to his. Loki let her fingers rest on his, but he did not acknowledge it. Prince Helbindi was taken from the throne room.

Loki, Prince of Mischief, walked through the halls of the Vault of Visions, a perpetual, living nightmare for the worst criminals. Loki turned a corner and stared into the room where Prince Helbindi was incarcerated. He looked through the magic shield at the prisoner within. Most of the other convicts were writhing in an agony only they could see; but not Prince Helbindi. He was sitting cross legged in the middle of his room. His hands rested on his knees, his eyes were closed, and his breathing was controlled. Loki watched him closely, wondering what he was seeing. When he thought there was nothing to witness, he made a move to leave. A slight twitch in Helbindi's hand made him turn back.

When Loki looked back at him, Helbindi's eyes were open, and he was looking straight at him!

The End